Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:46 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Re: Mthrfckrz Mix (Electro House) [Advice Requested]
I'm not able to download anything at the moment as I have so little memory(on my computer) for anything.

For now.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Was real good man, and in a way its a real pity you dont want to go into the hardware end of things because you do have a real good ear for what goes well and how to build a sound.. im more into minimal sounds myself and the tracks (especially near the end) would not usually be my cup of tea but you really did do a good job in mixing and blending their qualities well..its very listenable..

Personally i must say again you should think about the hardware end of things, because with track progressions like that and the sound that you have gone for you could do well as a DJ and have a lot of fun and make a little money while your at it.

But if you are sure you want to stick with what you are doing and improve on it, all i can say is keep putting in the long hours that you do even if you do find the right program which is more efficient for what you do... because as i find myself at times...it is easy to fall back on the gadgets and gizmos that make doing things easier and forget the hard work you put in when you didnt have it in the first place.. if you apply the same hard work to the new gizmos then you will just keep getting better and better... we all just gotta be disciplined! ha

sorry i cant suggest something good for you to use.. im a Reason man myself..and am gradually building up my hardware to lower my dependency on it to be honest so im pulling aware from software as much as possible..sorry
Old 02-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Actually maybe Abelton Live? i dabbled in it for awhile but it was a little to DJ like to me ... and now i realise that it may be just what you need..ha anyway thatss my suggestion
Old 03-11-2009, 07:42 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Apologies for the huge delay in responding; been slammed with work.

Sincerest thanks to everyone who listened and shared feedback and advice. You guys are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwho View Post
Personally i must say again you should think about the hardware end of things, because with track progressions like that and the sound that you have gone for you could do well as a DJ and have a lot of fun and make a little money while your at it.
Thanks very much Dunwho. But when you say "hardware route," what do you mean? Traditional turntables? CD decks? Or something like Serato as opposed to an all-in-laptop approach?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymetropolis View Post
Thanks very much Dunwho. But when you say "hardware route," what do you mean? Traditional turntables? CD decks? Or something like Serato as opposed to an all-in-laptop approach?
Yea i mean like cd turntables and a good mixer... and perhaps link that with a laptop for a more dynamic sound.. if you are already familiar with using computer programs to create the sound you need then it wouldn't be crazy to think that perhaps incorporating a bit of hardware would not be too difficult. and with a good bit of practice you'd be ready to start making a little money hear and there...

its just an idea.. but i understand it doesnt answer your current question concerning computer based music production.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:01 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
ableton live. period.
listen to the prof. Ableton Live is where it's at, especially if you want to do "complicated things with mixing, remixing, transitions and effects". Personally I don't know about something like that VCI-100. It's only good for basic 2 channels mixing, so that's not gonna give a you a lot of options. Plus you don't need the jogwheels if you're playing with Live. Just get something like a Evolution UC-33, that way you can mix with 3+ channels with enough controls for EQ and some FX.
And of course Live is a full-blown production program as well.