Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:24 PM
Dino3D
pants

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
It's just the official store. All the other webshops start to sell the box from now. So it's not sold out really.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:16 PM
saintrik
temperature drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostof82 View Post
Yup, got the download code with my set from Amazon today.
Thanks for the helpful reply!
Old 11-21-2019, 08:50 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Still waiting on my boxset from the UW store (tracking says next Wed, yikes), but I'm baffled by much of the responses so far, as they seem totally on par with the options for the other UW album boxsets.

May be mis-remembering, but I thought it was only the main album that came as a digital download on the boxsets (in Mp3 and HD) and not any of the additional discs. That would be the sampler for this set.

The other boxsets also came with the glued on back sheet (as most boxsets or specialty packages have in some form). It's a way to show all the required info (tracklisting, credits, barcode, etc.) without it being a permanent part of the designed boxset shell. This seems to be a compromise made decades ago for specialty music packaging (and even collector DVD/Bluray sets).

Am totally surprised by the 24-bit only download of the extra bonus material (especially as half were already offered as Mp3s), but that's a fully workable solution as opposed to the reverse, so huge kudos for that (though it is still work to convert and tag all those).

Would say it's a mixed bag, but it's more an insanely overflowing bag that puts a smile ear to ear and is hard to get mad at the details.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:35 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Got my boxset in the mail today here in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. And now to explore.

Number 35

Cheers,
Jason
Old 11-22-2019, 07:33 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Still waiting for my copy, but I've been listening to the download...

I can't stress how fucking good "Seven Music Drone" is. I really hope it gets played live!

I wonder if it was recorded after "Threat of Rain" (which could explain why it's only a 'bonus track')
Old 11-22-2019, 07:47 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

I have no clue why certain tracks weren't part of the weekly Drift releases but I did notice that a lot of 'em seem to be Karl freestyling over some loop which maybe explains why they didn't think they were "finished"

of course a lot of it is amazing, "Big Bear" probably my favorite so far but so far I've liked all the bonus stuff. maybe "One Piano True Need Hand" is a bit unnecessary but that's it
Old 11-22-2019, 11:44 AM
Ghostof82
river

I adore "Dune"; I was driving home tonight after a long day at work, and the track is such relaxing, late-night mood music. Just gorgeous. I love how this band's music, especially over a big box like this, is so varied.

Last edited by Ghostof82; 11-22-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:14 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

one thing I noticed about that track is that it totally fits into the atmosphere of AHDO - a lot of the same sounds from say "Ess Gee" & "Ballet Lane" appear. not to mention the track somewhat fitting the mold of "Sola Sistim". it's almost like they deliberately tried to bring that sound back.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Cadevil
exilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
I can't stress how fucking good "Seven Drone Music" is. I really hope it gets played live!

I wonder if it was recorded after "Threat of Rain" (which could explain why it's only a 'bonus track')
Seven Music Drone reminds me so much of 23 Blue. It was a crime that was left off of Barbara.

All the bonus tracks could have made up an Episode 6. Also, I think the alternate version of another Silent Way offers a vision of what they could have done if they decided to whittle the year of releases down to a single album.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:01 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadevil View Post
Also, I think the alternate version of another Silent Way offers a vision of what they could have done if they decided to whittle the year of releases down to a single album.
i have absolutely started my little alternate universe album with that one, and immediately. it's a no-brainer, even if Better Than Diamonds goes on a bit long.