Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:20 PM
bas_I_am
vision

Re: 2009-08-06 The Joint in Las Vegas
or their boys from their moaners:
". . .to the apocalyptic bass bombs that comprised a show-ending "Boy, Boy, Boy" from their most recent disc. . ."
Old 08-08-2009, 02:10 PM
nosajmunson
All day zombie cafe...

Howdy.
Fantastic show. Fantastic.
Nice to meet so many dirties like TheBang, Sappy's Curry, Cured, OribitalOribital, rvr3000, Geoff, Noise, bas_i_am (happy birthday again!) and many more!
Cheers to all of you! Like the man said "You ARE hardcore" and you are all wonderful!

I got a big piece of one of the popped ballons! bas_i_am was right next to us and got the "setlist" from the lighting kid!
You rock!
I have 100s of photos from the show (Still going thru them to weed out the bad & blurry). And a few really good videos I was able to take without the bouncers coming down on me. (Push, Cowgirl, Bamboo's ending).
I will post links soon for the pics and vids. I've only been home about 12 hours.

I've got another goodie to share with everyone. But I need to get in touch with TheBang first. When it's ready, all can share in it!

Good times!

[Thanks to Karl, Rick and Darren too!
All of you were very cool and very nice to talk too. You were cool as all get out. Especially considering how tired you all were. Thanks for doing the "fan photo ops" with us!]

Last edited by nosajmunson; 08-08-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:44 PM
nosajmunson
All day zombie cafe...

Here are some videos.
DISCLAIMER:
As anyone who was at the show knows, the venue does not allow video recording. If they caught you, they made you leave and bag check your camera, then you could come back in.
I was right against the stage, just left of center (My wife and I were standing next to bas_i_am & his crew). I had a bouncer right in front of me. It made it hard to record. So these clips aren't long.

YouTube doesn't do them justice as far as vid quality, but the sound is great! Especially because I only used my little sony cybershot DSC-W150.

Cowgirl:

Moaner:

Push part 1:

Push part 2 (near the end, you can hear me yelling at my brother to move so the bouncer couldn't see me!)

BONUS:
I was just looking at my balloon piece, it's actually 3/4ths of one of those balloons and it has an Adidas Trainer foot print on it!!!!!
Wonder who left that when they kicked it back into the crowd?

Last edited by nosajmunson; 08-08-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:05 PM
nosajmunson
All day zombie cafe...

Last post, I promise.

Here is my photo set on Flickr from the show.
All the really good pictures, my wife took:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosajmu...59845547/show/
Old 08-08-2009, 09:02 PM
orbitalorbital
river

WoW. What a first show that was. I really can't stop thinking about it. The show was great, the sound was just right, and there were no whistles within ear's reach. It was such an amazing first show to go to, and was really cool meeting all you dirties. After listening to these guys since 1993, i can't believe this is the first time I have seen them. I'm hooked. Also, have you seen all the high quality vids on you tube? awesome awesome! if anyone has any high quality pics from the show they are willing to share, please PM me and i'll be happy to work something out for you to email me them so i can print them up/blow them up. my camera died just when lazarous ended.

Geoff- you keep motorboating!
Robbin - thanks for the brauts and brew!

JEremy
Old 08-09-2009, 02:59 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

10 things you missed if you weren’t at Underworld Thursday night
Old 08-09-2009, 03:32 AM
DaddyAdv
pants

Wow!
That article features an awesome slideshow (make sure to click the fullscreen button), included detailed pics of the equipment.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:03 AM
nosajmunson
All day zombie cafe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
At the end of one of the songs (NUXX maybe?), Karl came up behind Darren and turned his headphones sideways on his head.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:55 AM
bas_I_am
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajmunson View Post
Old 08-11-2009, 07:09 PM
geoff
lay it on me two donuts

Been a few days since the show, now I'm just catching up on pictures/video/nostalgic things. Seeing UW makes me feel right and inspired again.

It was great meeting all you dirties: Todd (for the second time), Jeremy, Robin, Spencer, Jason. I had an awesome time with you all. Look me up if you're ever in the Denver area. Jason, PM me if you want to hang out some time!

And to the girl who had Underneath the Radar on cassette tape, I hope you realize your picture is in the slideshow of this article! http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs/...erworld-thurs/ I was standing right behind you! (And yes I still think I might "be in love with you" LOL!)