Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Postal
river

Re: 12-Aug-09 The Metropolis, Montreal, Canada
You're right on Spikee.

Also, Glam Bucket wasn't a one-for-one take; it had a much fiercer beat and Karl's guitar.

That "vision, c'mon" track isn't from AHDO, or at least not any of the singles I know of.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:42 PM
immobilisme
river

i guess the vision come on song is lenny penne... unless someone says it was bamboo, but it didn't sound like the bamboo versions i have heard.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 PM
SappysCurry
can you feel this bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by immobilisme View Post
i guess the vision come on song is lenny penne... unless someone says it was bamboo, but it didn't sound like the bamboo versions i have heard.
Probably Bamboo with Lenne Penne lyrics. They did that for us in Vegas. 2nd track.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:42 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Sounds wonderful.l.

Sorry, I've been drinking. Cops came round tonight because drug dealers called them about me making a ruckas. Or something.

Stay tuned to America. God Bless it. All Right?

I live in El Paso, TX: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/12/...der/index.html

This just ROCKS. EL PASO, TX ROCKS! And none of our police force, fire department, government officials or elected officials use drugs.

Just me. John R. Rodriguez

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 08-13-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:47 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Oh, and don't even get me started on the lawyers and professors...

Ya know, you want a REALLY want a good wife swapping, druggie, fuck party??? Try Reno, NV as well. Research public records. It's all there. Start with the police department, but I think it's just the gay fuck parties they have on record. (shruggs shoulders)

Really, it's been happening EVERYWHERE ever since everything has been ALL RIGHT.

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 08-13-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Mr.Grumpy
river

just got back from montreal.

fantastic show!—and TOTALLY different than the toronto show. different tracks different light show, different crowd, sound, style of venue—totally different vibe all together.

i have to say, being familiar with most of the 'recent' shows, is it possible that this was their best show to date? played a bunch of tracks that (from what i remember) aren't 'usually' played live. the toronto show seemed like a more 'typical' show but the montreal show was hmmm, how should i put it?—perfect?
(well, would have been if they'd played dark train.)

crowd was smaller in montreal (a bit disappointing) but there was tons of room for dancing (where was everyone anyway?)

a couple of good moments—karl messing up the lyrics to born slippy and rick having to correct him and help him along—classic. karl seemingly not pleased with how much the crowd was into it, decided to help us along and boy did it work, he really poured himself out last night.

the charlie's angels pose at the end was a bit corny but good fun. such positive energy.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Mr.Grumpy
river

i think it was the same bamboo as the '2008 01 30 - Amsterdam Heineken Music Hall NL' show (track 1). no?

well, not the same but similar.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:59 PM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

I just found listenable videos:

Old 08-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Horus
river

Seriously, THANK YOU for coming to Montréal. I had been waiting for long... I thought there would be more people at the show, it's like people have forgotten that Underworld is way up there in electronic music acts... Puzzling, really. Either way, the show was pure greatness IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immobilisme View Post
Crowd was decent except for these two drunk dudes in the front row... those guys were over-served.
Heh, I remember these 2 guys, I was behind them and a couple places to the right, right behind the guy who was using about 6 places for his trashing about ("dancing")... XD He had a blast, it's what matters. Nope... *I* had a major blast, THAT is what matters.

I was right behind Postal, pointing out to my girl that he had the cover image from "Second toughest in the Infants" with Dirty.org on his T-shirt, I said he is a true fan.

Last edited by Horus; 08-16-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:31 AM
Mike
born013

Ive updated the setlist here:

http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/379 based on what i have found here, and an email from Maax.. is there anything i need to add?