Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:45 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Little Miss Sunshine
is really good. movie threads suck though. go see it.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:09 PM
winjer
mouseman

Re: Little Miss Sunshine
Ditto. Amazing.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:17 PM
adam
blue

really? it's playing walking distance from my place and I couldn't determine if I thought it was worth it. Unfortunately, despite your belief that movie threads suck, your endorsement isn't really enough to convince me. Hmmmmmm...I'll check metacritic. It's not too shmaltzy?
Old 08-16-2006, 08:16 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

nah, very well done. great acting all around and definitely not schmaltzy.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:44 PM
grady
fac321

I can't help but be hesitant towards this film, and I'm not doing so just to be going against the grain here. I do want to see the film, and I'm sure it's good, it just has that late summer art hit stench around it.

These films come down the pipe line around August/September. Otherwise known as the dregs of summer, and very similar to the dregs of winter, the glut between January and March.

This film also has the added knock against it of being the independent-quirky-neurotic-family-film. You know what I'm talking about. These films come around every so often. One that comes to mind immediatley is the Slums of Beverly Hills. Maybe it's just been the way the film's being marketed.

But I will be seeing this soon and then can fully opine. It's playing a couple blocks away and I was going to see a film tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:39 AM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
It's a good movie. Definitely along the lines of Slums of Beverly Hills. maybe it's good for a lot of people because they expect it to suck... When this first popped up on my radar word was it sucked... but then people I actually know started seeing it and liking it... I'd say it's worth a shot. I didn't feel much schmaltz... but it definitely is one of those funny/sad dysfunctional family type movies... I think it's maybe thanks to the acting that it never gets too heavy-handed... it's a good little movie though... worth seeing.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:34 AM
winjer
mouseman

This film is just so incredibly true. It nails on the head the root of middle-class western unhappiness. I wasn't expecting this film to be as funny, let alone as moving as it was.

My one minor complaint is that the last 20 minutes or so felt like they were another film completlely, although an incredibly hilarious one...
Old 08-18-2006, 07:31 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Been waiting for this to come round, and it is still not playing anywhere close. BFE would be an understatement.

I relate to the little girl in this one so much, this should be a life affirming moment in cinema history for me. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Old 08-22-2006, 09:38 PM
GforGroove
marca libre

i loved this film. funny and cute, go see it.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:00 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Far from perfect, but now required viewing nonetheless or you're kicked out of the club.