Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:18 AM
chimp
***FROM UNDERWORLD HQ***

Come & tell us what you think...
We are interested to get your opinions about the band and music in general.

We’re on the lookout for real, hardcore fans to attend a intimate London-based forum on Monday 26th January.
This will be happening after working hours and anyone who takes part will receive a fixed contribution to their expenses and a little something from us.

To register your interest please email simon.mcmahon@umusic.com with your contact details, age and letting us know your favourite thing (music, performance or otherwise) about Underworld.

Thanks

Underworld [HQ]
Old 01-19-2015, 07:38 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Re: Come & tell us what you think...
Interest registered!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:53 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Sounds horribly corporate to me - 'hey Rick and Karl, Universal's marketing department says you need to write more lager-related songs, mmkay?', but I guess I'll give it a go.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:14 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

we could also tune in digitally via the inter tubes. SKYPE?
Old 01-19-2015, 12:53 PM
markreed
mouseman

Sounds like an interesting "Any ideas how to market Underworld's next thing, whatever the next thing is..?" - given that it's now five years since the last pop album. I've been to one before, they are really quite intruiging and it's good to see they are doing something like this.

Interest registered.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:06 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

An internet stream would be wonderful!
Old 01-20-2015, 04:42 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

If a web stream/skype like situation isnt in the cards, could we find a way to get questions or comments from those of us not local into the mix? Perhaps a dirty forum memver would be willing to ask on our behalf? Perhaps a few choice questions can be asked by the organizer of all this?

If so, could we set up a poll or something to choose, as a community, which questions those would be?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Mike
born013

Is it only someone that can reach London with less than a weeks notice that is considered a real, hardcore fan? I guess my years of collecting, listening, watching and writing doesn't count.

Yeah there are some things that the band are not in complete control of, or restricted by budget that could be 'improved' (e.g. Merchandise, Tour, Live Stage Setup, Back Catalogue, Dog Tags).

But what I really want from UW is to just to continue any creative output they feel is right for them!

(p.s. Universal - there are about 25,000+ posts on this forum if you need to use them).

Last edited by Mike; 01-20-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:55 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Is it only someone that can reach London with less than a weeks notice that is considered a real, hardcore fan? I guess my years of collecting, listening, watching and writing doesn't count.

Yeah there are some things that the band are not in complete control of, or restricted by budget that could be 'improved' (e.g. Merchandise, Tour, Live Stage Setup, Back Catalogue, Dog Tags).

But what I really want from UW is to just to continue any creative output they feel is right for them!

(p.s. Universal - there are about 25,000+ posts on this forum if you need to use them).
+10101!

One would think that the tremendously positive response to the dubno shows would be proof that uw is a legacy, with strong fan base. Barking, their most populist record, sold well, but so did the more experimental OWB, the record Karl said Rick always wanted to make. Any fan, hardcore or not, will have an opinion on "what's best" for the band, but as Mike states above, I would think the cross sectional viewpoint is, just release what you want, we'll listen, discuss and enjoy! Anything beyond sound like corporate tinkering with the creative process.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:37 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

what would be great, is a return to the more 'improvised' shows from the OWB tour

I mean, it's a bit boring when you know EXACTLY what song is going to come up next, and how it's going to be played

sure, they might've had some form of set list on that tour - but didn't they not make the order until the last second, or something? Also, WITHIN the actual songs, there were a lot of little differences between each show

...while on the Barking Tour...

pretty much straight forward album versions

(edit)

also... it's a bit crap that a group of people, who just happen to live in a certain area... are "superfans"

Last edited by joethelion; 01-21-2015 at 01:40 PM.