Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > bound.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Kennrr
mouseman

Fables
the graphic novel that is. i bought the first 2 trades this weekend and devoured within a short period of time. I love it, love the story, the writing is excellent. I was put off from the series for awhile because of the art, but its not so bad. I like this series a lot and will be pickin up the rest of trades this week.

I love the myths, like the morbid nature of some of the fables. the writing is top notch. also the james jean covers is beautiful, maybe thats why i'm so disappointed by the art inside.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Malt Refund
croatoa

Re: Fables
Fables is definately one of my favorites. The art will change up alot so be prepared.. it gets better as it shifts from it's weird murder mystery shtick beginnings to a more complex storyline around volume 4, new characters will take focus soon. Homelands (vol 6) is my favorite, theres a Jack of Tales story in it that's incredible, plus it's the one where you discover who the Adversary is. It's kind of obvious in hindsight.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Kennrr
mouseman

i heard it was Walt Disney

picked up vol.3 today. was kind of disappointed with the stories but i can sense it'll be gettting better as it develops more into it. there were some great shining moments though. DAMN the art sucks.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Skie
river

I picked up the first two and really liked them. I haven't been able to just pick up any of the other volumes, so I'll probably have to order them from Amazon.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:39 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

I'll be boarding this train soon.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Kennrr
mouseman

its a great series, John. i'm still not a fan of the art, but the fantastic covers by james jean evens it out. the writing and stories is just so great. finished trade number 6 and its getting better and better. Boy Blue is such a badass motherfucker.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Malt Refund
croatoa

New Fables out tomorrow, 1001 Nights of Snowfall is a Fables prequel. Lots of different artists, same writer as always.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Kennrr
mouseman

picked up yesterday. i love the different artists. james jean finally illustrate a whole story! wooo!