Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:59 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Globe!!!
i'll meet up fer sure this time 'round.

well that is if they play Hammerstein again. (or nyc in general)
Old 11-05-2005, 07:15 PM
koisk

I just downloaded it today. It really didn't grab me (but this is first listen). Still very curious as to how the new album will play out.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:57 PM
kissmywound
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by *_*
boarded the train out of Norfolk, VA and headed north pulling into Grand Central Station (6 1/2 hours), met my boy Ryan, and took the subway out to Brooklyn... drunk... blur...subway back into Manhattan... blur... UNDERWORLD!!... walking the streets... blur... Tenaglia at the ?Arches?... aah, the sun's up... subway back to Brooklyn... OK, it's 4 in the afternoon... sleep!

It was Tenaglia at Arc. After UW we rushed over to the Roxie to see Tiesto until about 5 am, then Arc for some sunrise action with Danny...man that was a ridiculous night/morning!!
Old 11-06-2005, 05:45 AM
*_*
Hommeestunepassioninutile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmywound
It was Tenaglia at Arc. After UW we rushed over to the Roxie to see Tiesto until about 5 am, then Arc for some sunrise action with Danny...man that was a ridiculous night/morning!!
i remember Danny dropping TMO and the place going BONKERS! seems lotsa people headed over to Arc after UW.

i also remember sitting on the curb outside the club, waiting for a friend to get his coat outa coatcheck, squinting at the sun and talking with 2 dudes nearly braindead from snorting ketamine all night... they wouldn't shut up about the GREEN LASER!!111

good times.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:51 AM
*_*
Hommeestunepassioninutile

oh, and not at all impressed with 'Globe'. i'm really starting to agree with goldfish... if the new stuff (globe, 't shaker, electronic pt.1) we've been hearing is indicative of the UW's current stylee...

i'll be sad. though, 'you do scribble' and 'kenny penne' are fun enough.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:58 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

not warming up to Globe very much.....or Shake 't Higher. They are like deleted scenes on a dvd....you watch them and kinda enjoy them for what they're worth but you see why they were cut from the film.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Forgotten Sanity
Dirty Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
seriously

these new tracks ROCK

UW have def brought back that funky vibe that has kinda been missing for a bit, you know?
I completely agree. I was really expecting for the new stuff to be weaker than AHDO, but they've definately brought back the funk for this album, er phase, er whatever. Their music doesn't sound forced either like it did on AHDO and that's making a huge difference. I think that they know that a lot of these songs sound pretty different than their previous material and they don't give a shit. And that's why I'm digging it.
Warning: The above post stands a high chance of being rife with sarcasm, cynicism and/or a tongue-in-cheek remark. May not be suitable for children under the age of 12, small farm animals and adults with a sense of humor comparable to a stale cracker. If any of these criteria apply to you, it is advisable to use extreme caution when handling said post, and if irritation occurs consult your physician.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Cadevil
exilio

Was this a one-off at the Akademic, or have they played it elsewhere? We've seen them play Small Conker and a Twix, Morrocan Meatballs, and others multiple times, and Lenny Penne & Peggy Sussed were released/integrated into the RRP, but I've only heard Globe this one time...

I think it's a great song!