Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:38 AM
den
100% of nothing

Send a message via AIM to den Send a message via MSN to den
Doom
Ok, who is excited about this one? Be honest.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:47 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

Re: Doom
I'm excited that it's rated R and that the Rock is sometimes "badass". I also want to see that 4 minute FPS part that is supposed to kick all kinds of ass.

Honestly, it'll probably suck.

But hey, some of the worst films are still very entertaining for the action/fx/etc....
Old 10-19-2005, 11:01 AM
den
100% of nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose
Honestly, it'll probably suck.
Oh of course.

This reminds me of when Starship Troopers came out. I had read the book and was so excited for the movie, and was so horribly disappointed. In the book (besides the socio-military commentary) they jump around in huge combat power suits and kick all sorts of ass, whereas in the movie they run around in tin-foil helmets with cap guns. But with Doom, I know what to expect. Pure shotgun monster blasting awesomeness.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Raz

I've been unexcited since I found the plot went to hell (or didn't).

I read that the IGN review was ridiculously OTT, all the other reviews are meant to slate it, including the FPS bit. Ho hum. I'm thinking it'll be between major suckage and lame... Which is a shame, and why there should NEVER be a film of HL2. Gabe said they've been approached umpteen times but he won't do it til someone proves they can do it justice. Even then it would probably get fucked up like all the others.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:15 AM
den
100% of nothing

Yeah, the plot change is disappointing. Opening portals to hell is far better than science projects gone awry. Event Horizon had it right with the "spaceship traveling to a dimension of pure evil" plot.

I expect it to be bad, I just hope it's entertaining.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Raz

Event Horizon = teh roxx0rz
Old 10-19-2005, 01:13 PM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
...and why there should NEVER be a film of HL2. Gabe said they've been approached umpteen times but he won't do it til someone proves they can do it justice. Even then it would probably get fucked up like all the others.
I agree with Gabe totally. I know I use this example a lot, but someone would need to do with a Half Life film, as James Cameron did with Aliens. Cameron being a true fan on the first Alien film, did justice to the Alien 'franchise' and made an amazing film. I can envision a Half Life movie that's done with heart and soul, hopefully someone out there will treat it with the respect it deserves at some point.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Ally
Henreeeeeeeeeecat! :)

Send a message via MSN to Ally
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose
I also want to see that 4 minute FPS part that is supposed to kick all kinds of ass.
It's only four minutes!? Shit just watch the trailer for it, there's a few min of FPS footage in there...
Old 10-25-2005, 04:54 AM
Raz

Anybody watched this yet?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:06 AM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
Saw it on Saturday.

WORST MOVIE EVER.

Going into it, I obviously wasn't expecting anything good about the writing, the story, and the acting. I was expecting some wicked visual effects, cool weapons, cool sets, and some rockin sound design.

I was let down on all these. Nothing made me go "wow that was kinda cool". The whole movie I was thinking to myself and waiting "ok, when is the action really going to start?" but it just never seemed to come.

And I wasn't really impressed with the 1st person perspective sequence either, the hallways were too cramped and the movement not quite realistic. I was excited to see this part but it just bored me.

I knew the movie would turn out this way, but I went to see it anyway because I'm a helpless Doom fanboy.

In conclusion, you're far better off not spending any money and downloading the demo of Doom 3 to play.

Last edited by viddy; 10-25-2005 at 07:10 AM.