Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2010, 05:34 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Inception
The Social Network seems to be on a lot of critics' lists. I haven't seen it myself yet.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:14 AM
gingerorb
river

btw, rjdj created an app (the reverie dream), based on the movie.
http://inceptiontheapp.com/dreams/reverie

rather boring tho
Old 03-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Proof View Post
One month left to go and 2010 is in the bag.

What movie was better than Inception this year? If there is one I'd like to see it, for sure. I get the complaints of Ellen Page but when I consider the whole package -- the script, the acting (other than her), the effects, the soundtrack (and god is it good, very lush), I think this movie's going to make a run for best movie of the year, and certainly get Christopher Nolan an Academy Award for best director. The thing that I like about Christopher Nolan is that his camera work is very elegant and precise. He's sort of an anti-Michael Mann, but they both have the same knack of capturing exactly the right angle for the scene.

I was just wondering because I just recently acquired this on Blu-Ray and after watching it again, and after revisiting this thread I'm strongly wondering what could have been a better movie this year.
The Academy Awards. LOL. They can't even put on a good show, one time a year, for 2 hours and they have the audacity to claim that they can recognize and award talent? But alas, I digress.

So to answer my own questions -- The King's Speech was better, and there were 8 directors that were more deserving of an Oscar nomination -- though Inception won for Best Cinematogaphy. What wha huh???

Never have I more understood Thom Yorke than I do now, at that point where he was musing about Kid A being nominated for a slew of Grammys -- "I feel as if awards ceremonies should be like masturbating and done in private."