Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Cadevil
exilio

Few Questions
I've been a bit out of the loop lately and missed the last radio show...

Last I heard there was talk of a new Riverrun release and/or more e-releases a la phonestrap and 020202...

Has there been any clarification on this lately?

Plus I see all this talk of a "new album"...was the possibility of this mentioned on the radio show.

Thanks and Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: Few Questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadevil View Post
I've been a bit out of the loop lately and missed the last radio show...

Last I heard there was talk of a new Riverrun release and/or more e-releases a la phonestrap and 020202...

Has there been any clarification on this lately?

Plus I see all this talk of a "new album"...was the possibility of this mentioned on the radio show.

Thanks and Merry Christmas
On the radio show back in September, there was a hint at a RiverRun release by the end of the year alongside Sunshine OST. All I can assume is that they've been busy with general family Xmas things and prepping for the Oz shows. Maybe we'll hear something in the next broadcast. More then likely, UWlive will be updated with some stuff which is still kind of them.

A new album? No-one really knows but there are enough tracks floating around to make stuff for a RiverRun and album - Bamboo, Strumpet, You Do Scribble, Toobee etc
Old 12-25-2008, 04:42 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

The RiverRun release was actually mentioned by Karl during his appearance on Rob da Bank, a few weeks after the Sept. radio show. He said a new RiverRun would be "out by Christmas". Obviously, plans changed; however, it's reasonable to think one could come out in the near future.

In the Sept radio show chat, Rick said downloads for ALAF and You Do Scribble would be forthcoming. Whether or not ALAF is fulfilled by its entry in the Audio section is unknown. YDS has yet to appear.

Since about mid-2008, in various interviews, Karl's occasionally been mentioning that they're working on a new album. I wouldn't get my hopes up on it, as we know the last album went from 2005 to 2006 to 2007. However, they're definitely thinking about it and working towards it.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

It seems our boys have been talking about doing this for quite some time. Case and point: this old article from MTV. While their affirmed holding of a YDS release probably means it will happen eventually, it also means that it's been in the works for some time and still no results. And, as I'm sure we all know, "eventually" for Underworld is pretty long.

Last edited by Champiness; 12-27-2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Coherence
Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Hopefully we will see an explosion of releases soon! I remember thinking when the RiverRuns started that they could probably put out 4-5 of those a year. To be honest I really thought that ALAF and YDS were being saved for their studio album. They sounded like big singles. Maybe the next one?