Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:23 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Re: Underworld visits ATL
i had to leave work because my morning sickness is so bad right now. i'm actually concerned about making it through the show without an onset of the barfies. the ol' spouse (who got me into this mess) keeps teasing me about "barfing on karl."

i'll try not to, but i promise karl nothing.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:45 PM
mondokat
mouseman

I'll be starting a 10 hour drive bright and early tomorrow morning. Who else is doing something crazy?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:57 PM
gillenium

8-hour drive for me. But, I've driven two 12-hour trips to New York before, so this is nothing.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
dirtyatl
river

For those of you driving into town tomorrow. Atlanta is going through some major construction around the concert venue area. I saw a sign today that said they'll be paving the 75/85 Interchange beginning Friday night... which means lots of traffic. So plan accordingly.

Safe travels... see you at the pre-show Dirty meetup...
Old 03-27-2008, 01:56 PM
third.toughest
Was Bruce Lee-now...

Quote:
Who else is doing something crazy?
Does getting up at 4 to fly out of DFW at 7 count? I am about to die I am so excited about the show in 28 hrs
Old 03-27-2008, 03:55 PM
holls
spicy, baby, spicy

I'm driving 6.5 hours tomorrow (can't remember exactly how long it takes since it's been ages that I've been to ATL...shame since I live so relatively close).

Thanks also, dirtyatl, for the heads up on the construction stuff. One thing I've never forgotten was 5:00 traffic on the loop in Atlanta, getting stuck in traffic. Worst...traffic...ever.

-Holls
Old 03-27-2008, 05:11 PM
cacophony
disquietude

oh yeah traffic. if you're driving in and you're going to be hitting the area around the city anytime between 3:30 and 6:30, you'd better add an hour onto your trip time. don't try to hit showtime exactly because you'll end up stuck in a jam and arrive later than you wanted to.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:52 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

No sleep, VERY tight schedule.....please don't come on early Underworld....I am coming!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the traffic heads up, any other advice for the whole I 75 exit 295A thing etc would be greatly appreciated....
Old 03-28-2008, 06:16 AM
cacophony
disquietude

if you're coming south on 75 the interchange with 285 can be a little confusing. because if you're like me, you drive with a little compass in your head. you're driving south so you know 285 heading east is to your left, and heading west is to your right. but watch those signs because the exit for both directions splits off at the same time and the one for EAST is to the RIGHT. for some reason they had them split opposite directions and then cross over/under each other.

when i first moved here i got mixed up more than once and ended up heading the wrong way around the perimeter.

also, if your mapquest directions tell you to take georgia 400, make sure you've got a handful of quarters or single dollar bills in your car. it's a 50 cent toll.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 AM
holls
spicy, baby, spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
oh yeah traffic. if you're driving in and you're going to be hitting the area around the city anytime between 3:30 and 6:30, you'd better add an hour onto your trip time. don't try to hit showtime exactly because you'll end up stuck in a jam and arrive later than you wanted to.
Thanks, that's why we're leaving earlier than we originally thought. Probably going to our hotel first then headed to the dirtymeet.

-Holls