Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Nico4
river

Re: Dubnobasswithmyheadman: 20th Anniversary 5-CD Deluxe Boxset
Listened to disc 1, 3 & 5 today. I'd say that the remaster for disc 1 is pretty damn good. 3 is mostly fine, though I imagine that cleaning the sound up from those old DATS is both difficult and could actually result in more damage. The live jam disc was a lot of fun. Yes the sound quality is a bit odd, plus the skips and hisses, but I'll gladly take it, the entire disc was just one huge amount of fun. I do however find it odd, that the Spoonman live jam suddenly switched over to the album version? Like, the live jam mixed into the album version. It's strange...
Old 10-20-2014, 12:05 PM
vacant
pretty

Is anyone else a little disappointed with the quality of the Yellow Rez 12"? The label on mine is yellow but it looks as if someone has been handling it with black inky fingers, in that there are smudgy marks on the label. They vinyl (and sound quality of the record) is fine.

Might just be my copy, in which case I'll buy another but hoping it's not a printing mistake.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:07 PM
DShamen
river

I'm absolutely loving Concord at the minute, almost hard to believe it didn't make the album. But then again, as it's one of the finest albums ever created (in my opinion anyway) then it's probably understandable. Surprised it never made it onto the singles as a B-side though.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:57 PM
Bargo
pants

Took its time, but the 5-disc edition finally arrived at my doorstep down in Australia today. Loving it!! What an amazing collection of music.. revisiting all those b-sides which I haven't listened to in a while (or ever) has been a blast.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:55 AM
whatmakesustick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacant View Post
Is anyone else a little disappointed with the quality of the Yellow Rez 12"? The label on mine is yellow but it looks as if someone has been handling it with black inky fingers, in that there are smudgy marks on the label. They vinyl (and sound quality of the record) is fine.

Might just be my copy, in which case I'll buy another but hoping it's not a printing mistake.
Mine is like that too.

I like it :-)
Old 10-23-2014, 07:31 AM
mark3
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacant View Post

I got it the other day too, and it's also with smudged labels. I guess that's what the 'manufacturing issues' were all about, and that they decided to ship them.eventually..
Old 10-25-2014, 03:16 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Second Toughest…? We’d be crazy not to…
http://doandroidsdance.com/features/...man-interview/
Old 10-25-2014, 03:17 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Does Karl say "blu ray mobile" in the Alt version of Cowgirl? If so, buh?
Old 10-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Resolute
Heal yourself,

Quote:
blue removal men through to be batman again,
(Either "through to", or "thrilled to")

http://www.borndirty.org/forums/show...92&postcount=8
Old 10-27-2014, 01:54 PM
whatmakesustick

So I might be being a bit thick but I'll ask anyway. With my 5cd box set came a flyer with my download code for the 'hd download of the 2014 remaster'. When I log in I get the option of mp3 or WAV.

What does it mean by 'hd' download - does this mean the BluRay version? I guess not because otherwise it would not be available in mp3/WAV?