Dirty Forums > technique.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2010, 12:02 AM
matt
old man einstein

Re: FIFA World Cup 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
world cup suddenly coming alive -the french meltdown is pretty funny - a big slice of karma pie, maybe?

i was stuck in a traffic jam for the nz match - hilariously over-excitable co-commentary by robbie savage with the best quote of the competition so far, just at the final whistle: "incredible! brilliant! there's even topless women! fantastic! oh! me voice has gone!"

great stuff for the all-whites!
Robbie Savage has been quite refreshing this world cup so far. Was listening to 5 live rather than ITV's shite commentary team for the game and you could see that Savage is a genuine fan of the game and genuinely happy to see the All Whites get the draw. He also had an uncontrollable fit of the giggles when the commentator mentioned Oh Bum Suck during the Korea Argentina match last week,
Old 06-21-2010, 01:56 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

the strangest thing is hearing him slag off players for fouling, arguing, feigning and all the rest of the stuff he used to do so shamelessly: and suddenly admit how wrong he'd been! "oh yeah, that's just what i'd've done. but now i look at it from 'ere, it's inexcusable"
Old 06-21-2010, 01:57 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
got woken by Nutters text at 5am
sorry mate
Old 06-21-2010, 04:39 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
sorry mate

All good fella. should have stayed up for it anyway.

Kaka's sending off was another complete joke - the Ivory Coast player was just ridiculous.

One could say it's karma for Rivaldo's pathetic impersonations of being hurt during the Japan/Korea Cup - ball hits him in the chest/stomach - he grabs at his face and flails around like he's been shot. Just random.

But Ryan Nelson got a yellow for walking off the field with cramp in his legs?! wtf? Was it because he didn't get on the stretcher? His comment about the ref was telling "Well if that's a good one, I don't want to see a bad one!"

Roll on Paraguay - will defo get up for that game. NZ on the same points as England after 2 games - who would have thought it.

- S. Colbert
Old 06-21-2010, 05:56 AM
matt
old man einstein

Tidy showing from Portugal so far
Old 06-21-2010, 11:09 AM
cured
sikk

WTF LOL
http://twitter.com/DPRK_FA
Old 06-21-2010, 01:22 PM
cured
sikk

Spain back on track. That was one of the most lopsided 2-0 games I've ever seen. Did Spain play in their own half for more than 30 seconds in the first half? They left about 3 goals on the field, including that PK miss by David Villa.

Can never know what to make of this team. They dominate possession and can get chances seemingly whenever they want, but 2 goals in 2 games is just not good enough for them.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:09 PM
cured
sikk

New theory (LOL)

http://www.tnr.com/blog/world-cup/75711 ... -good-shag

Quote:
Does England Just Need a Good Shag?

Capello has forbidden his players from having sex during the World Cup. Not even "Nice goal" sex or "Sorry about the yellow card" sex. And if you’ve seen some of the wives and girlfriends these guys have, you’ll join me in wishing them the worst of luck in what is, hopefully for them, their last match of the 2010 World Cup this Wednesday.

Capello, in his characteristically no-nonsense coaching style, has instituted this rule for one simple reason: to win games. He subscribes to the belief that abstinence before a game will make a better player—assuming that the act of having sex will result in lowered levels of testosterone, and therefore lower levels of aggression on the field. Boxers and mixed-martial arts fighters tend to fall into this camp as well. It’s considered common sports knowledge that dates back to the ancient Greek Olympics, ahead of which Olympians would avoid what they thought would be energy-draining sexual activities.

For the English, though, abstinence is and will continue to be the gameplan. Capello has even installed cameras in his players’ rooms to ensure that nobody gets any. And to cut deeper, alcohol has also been banned, though this is mainly to avoid a repeat of the team’s publicized drunken antics of during the 2006 World Cup that many say cost them the Cup. England is under what seems to be the only sex-ban of any team in the tournament. That makes them the perfect test subject to prove whether not getting laid is really what it takes to win a World Cup. And if we can take their first two matches as any sort of scientific evidence, it seems that what England needs this Tuesday night is not a quiet evening alone but an epic, patriotic shag in the name of salvaging their hopes for World Cup glory.

Last edited by cured; 06-21-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
Also, if you are gonna stop play, stop the fucking clock. It's pointless to keep it running and use stoppage time. Stop the fucking clock.
Totally agreed!! I never got this either :S

Funniest thing so far in the WC - the fact that some of the NZ players had to ask off from work to play in the tournament (and still tied the defending champions), or the faces of the North Koreans after getting absolutely destroyed yesterday??? You make the call...
Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

how about France getting their asses kicked by South Africa right this moment