Dirty Forums > craft.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Camiel
Audio in Distress

Re: Dirty compilation 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I do really want to promote this on dirtyradio, since the site is reaching a far wider community than darktrain im certain it will get alot of outside interest..

3. I would like a review, and a link to the album from that - plus some sort of official bio/press release to put into it.
This is great to hear Mike. If you want my bio:

Tin Foil Hats is Camiel Munier from the Netherlands. Beside remixing, I also produce electronic music. The music style can best be described as a mixture of electro, Italo disco and techno. I mostly use hardware for my productions. I collect vintage synths, too and I have a bunch of old analogue and (new) digital gear.
Two years in conclusion (2007 and 2008) I ended as runner up in the Dutch Vinylized contest and several of my tracks have been released earlier on the Darksounds compilations 2007 and 2008.

I'm actually not hosting the zipped file on www.tfhats.com, but just linking to the rowla zip.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Buji
mouseman

Nice one Mike.

I have been pushing the link out on my myspace and already had quite a few messages from people saying they where going to download it, will keep this up!

Also I have emailed Underworlds very own Danielle, to see if should could pass it on to the guys for us! I sent this to her:-

Hi Danielle,

This is a message on behalf of the Underworld fans on darktrain.org!

Every year on the craft section of the forum a selection of Underworld fans from around the world contribute songs to a compilation called Dirty sounds. This year we all believe it's the best yet and the songs deserve a bit of outside attention.

The whole thing is inspired by Underworld and it would mean the world to us if this could be passed on to Karl and Rik and possibly get a mention on the daily diary.

The compilation is called 'Sweet in winter, Sweet in rain' and is currently hosted on the dirty radio website and it's completely free to download link here:-

http://dirtyradio.org/2753/darksounds-compilation-2009

We understand you and the guys are very busy, but any help in getting some attention would make us all very happy!

All the best to the Underworld team,

Regards,
Jez.

PS
A small press release with a bit of info on the comp below:-

Sweet in Winter, Sweet in Rain
(Dirty Compilation)

Very much a unique collection of great music/songs with loads of atmosphere which appeals to a wide spectrum of music fans.

This compilation is truly unique, started by fans from around the world who have all been brought together by a passion for the band 'Underworld' the legends of electronic and experimental music.

The music has been made with no rules only a theme of winter which gives the whole listening experience very atmospheric.

There are songs here that will appeal to dance, Electro, Ambient, experimental, 80's, retro, rock... everybody!

Whats more this whole compilation of great original music has been made available for free by all artists involved, this alone should give you the motivation to check this out and you will be glad you did!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Buji
mouseman

Well they did it!

They have given the compilation a shout out on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/underworldlive?ref=ts

Seems the letter got through.

Massive thank you to Underworld and thank you Danielle for passing on the message to the guys about our compilation it's really appreciated!

Big grin!

Jez.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:34 AM
polar_action
beeps rock : stop all war

Send a message via MSN to polar_action
hey folks,

I've not been around here for a while but I do tune in to Dirty Radio quite a bit and eventually got around to downloading the compilation.

Nice work indeed. Kudos to all. I hope you all keep posting and promoting your work.

all the best

dave
Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 PM
fraser
life kid

Send a message via AIM to fraser Send a message via Yahoo to fraser
Hi all, just listening to your compilation for the second time in a row - some lovely loveliness and a pleasant accompaniment for the mountains of snow falling outside my window.

Thanks to all involved in the project!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

pretty cool to see it up there and the response from those who listened on facebook... its good to see how the general public that havnt a clue who we are respond to it.. both good responses and bad... i think its great
Old 01-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Bit late to the party but i got the album up on my site

http://www.intheblackbox.eu/?p=741

I changed the press release a tiny bit simply to make the language flow a little more... but its pretty much the same anyway.

My links go to the file on Mike's server - hope you dont mind! ;p

Anyway... i think i might throw in a couple more tracks on the next Black Box show...
Old 01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Been really crazed these days with all kinds of work and home stuff, but I wanted to at least quickly mention that I'm very impressed with this compilation over all. So much higher quality than any other comp we've ever put together. Great work everyone!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:05 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
This is a bump.

Been listening not only to the new compiliation but other dirty darktrain compilations from the past few years, in response to Sean's comment above that "Sweet In Winter, Sweet In Rain..." is higher quality than previous years' collections. Maybe attributable to Profesor's mastering or the advances in technology, but...

Well, i've got discs of the following in front of me...

"RTSR - Power On" (2003?)
"Dirty Musicians" (2005)
"Sounds for a Dirty Summer: (2006)
"Dreamgirl, I'm Desperate For You" (2007)
"Evidence of Autumn" (2008)
"Sweet In Winter, Sweet in Rain" (2009)

i've been a contributor for the past 5 comps., as well as providing cover art for the past 3 years. But in all cases, i'm humbled and very impressed by the quality and diversity of the producers on deck. Eclectic, energetic, and inspired, each years' offering comes as a pleasant surprise and a unique testament to where EDM was at that date and where it should be headed, given the talents of those involved. My little bedroom compositions notwithstanding, there's a lot of consistent talent in these discs, as well as the annual new names and fresh sounds.

I hope we can still get something cooking in terms of a professional review. Again, big thanks to team Underworld for posting on facebook, to dirtyradio for hosting, and all involved in making and sharing!

Last edited by holden; 01-24-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:28 AM
Camiel
Audio in Distress

BUMP!

Time for a new compilation?

Someone has found the last three I guess because they are mentioned on discogs (and I'm suddenly an artist there).