Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:43 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
so NBC has managed to avoid crediting underworld at any point in its broadcast. they've named every other artist when relevant. they even just mentioned that the music during the cauldron lighting is caliban's dream and STILL didn't say who composed it. it's so disappointing.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:51 PM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
Okay, so I'm a sentimental sap. I don't have a TV, so I've been watching as many clips online as I can find. Just found the one showing the forging of the rings...and, yes, just after the rings erupt in a shower of golden sparks, there they are, very faintly: the bells from "Two Months Off."

I'm in tears. Love the way they snuck that in there. Perfect.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:01 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdave2 View Post
Okay, so I'm a sentimental sap. I don't have a TV, so I've been watching as many clips online as I can find. Just found the one showing the forging of the rings...and, yes, just after the rings erupt in a shower of golden sparks, there they are, very faintly: the bells from "Two Months Off."

I'm in tears. Love the way they snuck that in there. Perfect.

Wait till you hear TMO reprise during the lighting of the Olympic torches....you'll cry like the little UW bitch you know you are.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:02 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

No one has PM'ed me......

#sadpanda

Last edited by the mongoose; 07-28-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:26 AM
Spooky Shoes
Sole Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
£10 on CD free delivery from HMV UK http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...adba9b710a3b13
"Number of Discs: 1"
Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Cheers to Mr. Boyle and Underworld for a great opening ceremony. Would love to see again without NBC's announcers talking throughout the whole fucking thing. And want to see it un-edited. Had to go online later to watch the tribute for the 7/7 victims.

I feel this really is set to Danny Boyle's filming style. Everything was done with great care and detail. Even though my knowledge of British history is lacking, I still enjoyed it just as much.

Really loved the remixes of 'Rez' and 'Minniapolis'. The new stuff will be great to hear in full.

And yes, I got chills when the chimes of Two Months Off played during the lighting of the flame. Did I hear a bit of the 'Dirty Epic' drone sound in the background of it?

I can't imaging what it must feel like to be Underworld hearing a track like 'Rez' being played out to hundreds of millions of people worldwide knowing that they wrote it in a bedroom 20 years ago.

Jason

Last edited by Troy McClure; 07-28-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:27 AM
DaddyAdv
pants

Awesome show - i kept grinning all the way throught the athlethes marching in and hearing all those UW tunes, especially the Rez and DarkTrain mixes worked perfect.

I thought I heard the TMO bells already earlier in the show, but when the played it more or less on its own during the lighting of the fire ... goosebumps !

Track is called "Caliban's Dream", the bells are a few semitones lower than TMO, and a slightly different, more bellish sound, but definately the TMO pattern.

/edit: just forgot: german TV sports reporter (ZDF) briefly mentioned during the march in "The music has been composed by Underworld, the group being Karl Hyde, Rick Smith and Darren Price, for those of you who are into music."

Last edited by DaddyAdv; 07-28-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:43 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Nice! There were a couple opportunities for NBC to have said something about Underworld, particularly when they mentioned "Caliban's Dream" by name and saying it had been commissioned specifically for the games. But, of course, they didn't.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:53 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Uw got mentioned by dickheaded DJ Trevor Nelson. Shame he called them 'The Underworld'!

Emerson was pleased with the music and deserves an honourable mention
Old 07-28-2012, 04:36 AM
Fredzzz
thephotographer...

Was realy AMAZING....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!