Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:53 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

bird flu from asia?
...whoops - everybody looking the wrong way, at the wrong animal. looks like it could be swine flu that scythes its way through the human race...
Old 04-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Re: bird flu from asia?
I just hope this Swine Flu has got personality...

...for as the good book says...
[VINCENT]
You want some bacon?

[JULES]
No, man, I don't eat pork.

[VINCENT]
Are you Jewish ?

[JULES]
No, I ain't Jewish, i just don't dig on swine, that's all.

[VINCENT]
Why not?

[JULES]
Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

[VINCENT]
But bacon tastes good, pork chops taste good...

[JULES]
Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie,
But I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfuckers.
Pigs sleep and root in shit, that's a filthy animal.
I don't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.

[VINCENT]
How about a dog? A dog eats its own feces

[JULES]
I don't eat dog either

[VINCENT]
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

[JULES]
I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but it's definately dirty.
But, dogs got personality, personality goes a long way.

[VINCENT]
So by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filty animal. Is that true?

[JULES]
We' have to be talkin' 'bout one charmin' motherfuckin' pig.
I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

its an H1N1 strain so it might not be as bad as the media are scaring us with. H1N1 strains have been around for a long time and caused the 1918 pandemic which killed millions. a fair number of the population may have some immunity like me - i've had real influenza twice. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it could be....but the american virologists don't know whether there's any genetic mutations to make it more virulent yet.......
Old 04-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Sure The Daily Mail will ease our fears.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
Sure The Daily Mail will ease our fears.
FREE!

IN THIS WEDNESDAYS DAILY MAIL......GET YOUR FREE SWINE FLU SAMPLE!

ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!

FREE!

DONT WAIT FOR THE VIRUS TO COME TO YOU
THE BEST DEFENCE IS A GOOD OFFENCE!!!

FREE!

ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Each free sample costs £0.50 and loss of life
Old 04-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Deckard
issue 37

...and next weekend, we're giving away this GLORIOUS wallchart tracing Britain's MAGNIFICENT historic battle against bird flu, a tribute which you and your WHOLE (decidedly white-looking) FAMILY can enjoy...

And the following day: the GREAT SARS PANDEMIC of 2003. How the nation pulled together and did us all PROUD.

In FULL COLOUR.

FREE. Yes.... FREE.

Don't miss it.
In next weekend's Daily Mail.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:27 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

Has Madagascar closed its port yet?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Well the governor of Texas needs to make up his mind. First he brought up secession talk on April 15 when talking to the tea-baggers, and now he is requesting help from the feds.

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/local...115145845.html

"Gov. Rick Perry today in a precautionary measure requested the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provide 37,430 courses of antiviral medications from the Strategic National Stockpile to Texas to prevent the spread of swine flu. Currently, three cases of swine flu have been confirmed in Texas."

-Jason
Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 AM
matt
old man einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog View Post
its an H1N1 strain so it might not be as bad as the media are scaring us with. H1N1 strains have been around for a long time and caused the 1918 pandemic which killed millions. a fair number of the population may have some immunity like me - i've had real influenza twice. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it could be....but the american virologists don't know whether there's any genetic mutations to make it more virulent yet.......
Why let the facts get in the way of the good story?

Especially if it means the Mail can print 'Killer Flu on its way to Britain' in inch high letters on its front page and then have a dig inside at how the Government's lack of preparation could leave millions to die.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:17 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
It's the media hysteria that's insane - the TV news here in NZ led with a whole bunch of whizz-bang statistics, about numbers of exposed people, who had been where, when they had been there - flight numbers, the number of people being tracked down by health and immigration, the fact that the Ministry of Health was operating at CODE YELLOW- you know the level where "something, somewhere might be being done by someone, and we need to maybe do something about that potentially explosive somewhat" - to paraphrase American Dad - and OMG - there's more planes landing from LAX that have people who may have been somewhere near Mexico - and we cut now to 4 different reporters doing live crosses from outside a. a school, b. the airport, c. a hospital, d. an imposing looking structure - because that sort of conduct is PROFESSIONAL REPORTING -AND THE PUBLIC HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW! RIGHT NOW!! ALL THE TIME!!

WHERE'S THE GRAPHICS GUY WITH THE SCROLLING UPDATE - OF EVERYTHING I'VE JUST SAID!!

And I want the graphics exploding across the screen, in a fireball - you know, like the guys at FOX do theirs - because FFS!! That's real mofo news.

Oh. and 5 minutes into the bulletin - we point out, very briefly and quietly, and the graphic is in the smallest font we can get away with - because it might make us a look a little silly if people actually notice the small fact that....

Not one single person has been diagnosed with swine flu.

It's not just the TV though - here's a headline from the business section of the NZ Herald.

Currency: Swine flu forces dollar lower

Which is outstanding - except that when you read down to the 5th paragraph - you get this - the actual money quote.

Quote:
BNZ Capital currency strategist Danica Hampton said swine flu was an issue at the margins in the foreign exchange market.

"People know about it. People are talking about it but it is not really the big driver of the currency.

"What we have seen today is a reversal of the squeeze we saw on Friday night," she said.

you know- the squeeze that happened before the swine flu news broke.

- S. Colbert

Last edited by chuck; 04-27-2009 at 01:33 AM.