Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > interupt.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:15 AM
Mort
UW0592

Send a message via MSN to Mort
Warhammer Online
Just got a closed beta invite .... not that that means much with open beta starting in a week.

Anyone else playing or interested ? This will be the first of the large MMOs to have dedicated oceanic servers in Australia. Since it is a PvP RvR style of game thats going to make it much easier.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 AM
myrrh
a small-minded madman

Re: Warhammer Online
My friend in my gaming crew has been beta testing this since last November. If you are a fan of Warhammer, it looks great.

The issue I am going to have is that I am not around enough to enjoy this.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Mort
UW0592

Still downloading . The client is a torrent of 9GB which is a bit painful and I've heard there is a 245mb patch once thats finished .

I've been following the feedback on the FOH forums and its been fairly postive so far . Positive enough for people not to break NDA to whinge and moan. Fingers crossed the open beta and launch go ok.

Looking forward to seeing how it pans out compared to wow , the mmo needs some fresh ideas for the grind fest . XP from pvp looks like a start and I heard about some sort of AA system similar to what was in EQ which would be great.

Last edited by Mort; 08-11-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:22 AM
Mort
UW0592

We'll beta went live today and its not bad at all.... wasn't expecting to much and so far
I'm enjoying it.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Wubwubwubwub

How is it in the grindage respect?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Mort
UW0592

Optional is the best way of describing it... There is PVE leveling to be had but if you wanted too you could do PVP senarios (BGs)to get XP ,lvls and gear.The pvp is intergral to the core of the game which makes it a lot of fun.

Its a MMO so grindage is always going to be part of it , but its how they package it that makes the differance. ATM I've been limited to playing solo and joining in on the running battles through the towns.

Played a few different classes now and still trying to work out what I like the most . Highest is 11 with most at 6-7 . One thing I do like is in the senarios they use auto level balancing so you can join at lvl 1 and still have fun and get kills without getting completely pwnd. Class balance is pretty good.

I think mythic on a the right track so hopefully they keep rolling along the way they have..

Yet to be seen tho , the mmo world can be a nasty place
Old 06-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Ranana_infuLp

Warhammer Online
My evil cheerleading and all the other evil people enjoying Warhammer will eventually bring you all to play with usOf course that also means that all of you will hate me if EA Mythic does something stupid and ruins the game, I least we dont ever have to worry about Beans getting the game