Old 08-01-2005, 07:11 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Global Gathering Review
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900
New Song - Sounds like something played off dirtyradio taster of new stuff
You have good ears and recall, Dirty0900! i don't remember any of those snippets being more than a few seconds, enough to hear the beat but no enough to follow the groove!
Old 08-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
You have good ears and recall, Dirty0900! i don't remember any of those snippets being more than a few seconds, enough to hear the beat but no enough to follow the groove!
Haha, i've got it saved on iTunes and had a quick listen before going.

My mobile reception was crap all the way through the festival and i couldnt ring anyone either
Old 08-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Winston
is playing his didgeridoo

Send a message via ICQ to Winston Send a message via MSN to Winston
Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite
well...nice gig as usual....

the only real disappointment for me was today when i went to get my 'right down the front' photos back from the shop...[color=Red]the whole roll of film i shot of Karl really close up did not come out - every single photo was blank and my film ruined...[/color] (sorry Rog - no photos at all...i almost cried)

i have one photo of Karl on another roll but this is in bad condition also...as it was the 25th picture on a 24 roll so is half a Karl...i'm considering finding out who the 'official photgraphers were and asking for their photos....i might write to mixmag or DJ - who i assume have official photographers there....

i still can't belive it...

i
ever tought of going digital?
report from a gig with analog gear, demands some serious expierence

Old 08-01-2005, 08:26 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston
ever tought of going digital?
report from a gig with analog gear, demands some serious expierence

i am i'm looking into it but didn't get a dig camera in time..

i've not had problems before - but i think this is the analog saying go digital....

ho hum,...
Old 08-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Dirty0900

There are some pics, just need to find the link.

No bootlegs, which is a shame as it has probably been recorded from the sound desk.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Ally
Henreeeeeeeeeecat! :)

Send a message via MSN to Ally
Agreed also that I won't be returning to Global Gathering for a third time unless the lineup warrants it. Thoroughly enjoyed the performance, despite the early finish and poorish sound - The Happy Mondays were the highlight of the festival for me, my first time seeing them.
I was glad to meet Matt, who was totally charming, and enjoyed the opportunity to make peace properly with Rog and make an apology for all that's gone before.
2 Many DJs were wicked and amazingly I only heard Mylo from the campsite as the queue to get in was atrocious. A no-show from DJ Yoda was disappointing but during that time I got sold on Cash Money who blew the roof off Afrodizzyscratch. Big surprise of the weekend was Plump DJs, who I went to see after exiting Dave Clarke when the lightshow got a little too intense for where my head was at and hearing this really funky "swing" type stuff coming from the Air arena. Excellent set from Plump DJs and the beginning of a serious checking out to be conducted by me.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Dirty0900

Ahhhhhhh i was dissapointed to that yoda didnt show up!
Old 08-03-2005, 02:49 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally
Agreed also that I won't be returning to Global Gathering for a third time unless the lineup warrants it. Thoroughly enjoyed the performance, despite the early finish and poorish sound - The Happy Mondays were the highlight of the festival for me, my first time seeing them.
I was glad to meet Matt, who was totally charming, and enjoyed the opportunity to make peace properly with Rog and make an apology for all that's gone before.
2 Many DJs were wicked and amazingly I only heard Mylo from the campsite as the queue to get in was atrocious. A no-show from DJ Yoda was disappointing but during that time I got sold on Cash Money who blew the roof off Afrodizzyscratch. Big surprise of the weekend was Plump DJs, who I went to see after exiting Dave Clarke when the lightshow got a little too intense for where my head was at and hearing this really funky "swing" type stuff coming from the Air arena. Excellent set from Plump DJs and the beginning of a serious checking out to be conducted by me.
Yep! the plump DJ's have been great the two times i've seen them supporting Orbital.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:50 AM
lloyd
bungalow

Did anyone find pictures online of the concert? It's strange that there are 100's of pics of the easteuropean gigs and non of the UK gig.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Ally
Henreeeeeeeeeecat! :)

Send a message via MSN to Ally
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/pix/...3CC3E0100E.jpg

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/pix/...3CC3E0100E.jpg