Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:50 PM
dirtyatl
river

Denver show now at the Fillmore Auditorium
SCRATCH this... just had ticketmast recall the previous email... Anyone know what is going on?

Just got the following email from ticketmaster.

"UNDERWORLD/PAUL OAKENFOLD scheduled at RED ROCK AMPHITHEATRE on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2007, at 7:30PM, has changed to a new venue. The event will now take place at the FILLMORE AUDITORIUM same time & date."

While bummed they won't be playing Red Rocks I am still excited to see them at the Fillmore. Any ideas why they moved the show? Hopefully they'll keep the outdoor venue in in NY.

See you in Denver.

Last edited by dirtyatl; 09-08-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:05 PM
dc_04
mouseman

Re: Denver show moved!
or not.. just got another email that the notification has been recalled.

curious, to say the least.

- dc
Old 09-08-2007, 03:34 PM
graphex
river

Yeah, this is really odd. I got both the notification and retraction too, and various ticketmaster/red rocks web sites say different things, including the availability of a $50 underworld/chemical brothers ticket.

If they moved it to the much crappier fillmore, I'm going to be upset.

I called the red rocks box office, and told them about the email and the retraction, and they didn't even know what was going on. Somebody really screwed up. I'm hoping that when they added the chemical bros./underworld combo ticket, they accidentally put underworld at the wrong venue, but that they are still playing red rocks.

My $10.30 convenience charge at work. I hate ticketmaster.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:48 PM
wesw1a
river

If this show moves, I'm considering cancelling my flight.
I mean Underworld at RED ROCKS - THAT's the show to see .
I hope they reconsider this move - if it has been ...
Old 09-08-2007, 04:03 PM
wesw1a
river

DOESN'T LOOK GOOD FOLKS - from redrocks online

Saturday, September 08, 2007
[COLOR=#0000ff]UNDERWORLD: MOVED TO FILLMORE AUDITORIUM[/COLOR]
Saturday, September 08, 2007 - Live Nation just announced that UNDERWORLD, originally scheduled to perform at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on Tuesday September 11, will perform at the Fillmore Auditorium.
All tickets for the Red Rocks show will be honored at the Fillmore show. Click on title of this article for more information.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:04 PM
wesw1a
river

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU***k
Old 09-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Jason Roth
The Vice President

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesw1a
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU***k
I wonder what the *** stands for
Old 09-08-2007, 05:07 PM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

UW live Denver @ Red Rocks - What venue?
Ok - so I just got an email from ticketmaster saying that the UW concert on 9/11 in Denver has been moved to the Filmore Auditorium - but then I got another email saying that their system would like to "recall the message" - I'm seeing all manner of conflicting reports now as to where the concert is, all I'm hoping is that I don't get screwed here, because I was planning on getting to Red Rocks as early as possible to camp out and be front and center for the concert - has anyone else heard anything?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:10 PM
mr_chip
river

This is total bullshit. I've got 5 friends from SF who are flying out specifically to see this show, many of them taking unpaid vacation time. They bought their tickets before the SF shows were announced, and bought airfare, hotel, and rented a car on top of the Underworld tickets.

They could have seen Underworld at a Fillmore-quality venue in San Francisco, but they wanted to see a favorite legendary band at a legendary venue.

As a Denver-area native, I was looking forward to introducing my friends to a piece of my heritage, and now they're just going to see the dump-ass Fillmore and East Colfax hookers instead of the grandeur of a sunset Red Rocks show.

We paid for a Red Rocks show, not a Fillmore show. We should get at least a partial refund. This is total horseshit. My opinion of the band has taken a huge negative hit. I don't care if it's the promoter's fault, the venue's fault, whatever, these are people hired by the band, and ultimately it all goes back to them.

Boo on Underworld for this. They really let the 7 of us way down.

Edit: Seriously, guys, when you fuck someone it's considered polite to ask permission first.

Last edited by mr_chip; 09-08-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:27 PM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chip
Boo on Underworld for this. They really let the 7 of us way down.

Edit: Seriously, guys, when you fuck someone it's considered polite to ask permission first.
unless you got any proof that UW requested the change of location (and as i see it, atm nobody knows anything for sure), why not STFU before insulting them?