Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

underworld live group blog
hey uw fans, i've set up a group blog on Vox for everyone to contribute to and hopefully capture the thrill and excitement of the upcoming Underworld tour. this is a place for anyone to post their review, experience, thoughts, pics, setlists etc. hopefully we can work together to have reviews, setlists and pics from every UW show on this tour. there's not much on there right now and you'll have to create an account on Vox to be able to post to the group.

just go to vox.com and create an account. it's extremely easy. janie did it without asking for help.

here's the url

http://uwlive.groups.vox.com

join up and contribute!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Re: underworld live group blog
Done!

Good initiative there, BLD. Ta
Old 08-29-2007, 02:22 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

this is brilliant. nice one

i have been looking at setting up a simple group flickr account that users can email pics & comments live from shows (and pics from the various cities etc) via a mobile phone, so we create a timeline of underworld fan madness as it happens in a moblog styleee. i've even bought myself a shiny new phone to do it. your idea is way better and i think it will allow us to post "live" anyway

i think to moblog there is a unique email addy to email to. i dont think i can see it in the group but maybe you can see it as the admin and share it with us? look at help and search for moblog for instructions...

thanks - this is brill
Old 08-29-2007, 06:39 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

i found this info. assume it works with Groups as well:

How do I moblog?
Tip: Keep your unique email address a secret. Anyone who knows it can post to your blog.
On the top navigation, the Account link will take you to a page with your settings and profile information. Click Mobile Setting on the side to see your moblogging options. This page will give you the unique email address you need to use to moblog. It will be a long string of numbers and characters.
We recommend that you copy and paste or email your unique email address to your device to avoid missing or incorrect characters. It's also a good idea to to place the address in your phone's address book so you don't have to type it each time you want to use it.
Next, compose a new message in your email client or device, addressed to the unique email address.
The Subject or Message line will be the title of your post. The body of the email will be the body of your post. Now, send the message. It will automatically be posted to your blog!
Note: If your phone can send text messages to an email address, then you can also moblog by sending a text message to your moblogging email address.

edit: you can specify which groups you want to post to under Accounts.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:58 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub

just go to vox.com and create an account. it's extremely easy. janie did it without asking for help.
loller

i badly want to bring my camera there, but i dont want to take pictures, i want to DANCE.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

I GOTTA CUT LOOSE, FOOTLOOSE!

i've been adding some pics, books, videos and audio links to the blog. anybody can add these things so it would be great to start collecting some press shots/various images that are current or relevent to the new tour. looks like i'm going to have to raid Lloyd's excellent site for some pics.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:13 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

http://uwlive.groups.vox.com/library/videos/

the video section of the group blog now has tons of great videos. no more wading through YouTube to find the best UW clips, they're all right there!

thanks to Lloyd and Sanakan for helping me compile these vids.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:01 PM
dc_04
mouseman

yay for more tour coverage

i'm doing the entire US leg of the tour... you can track me via my website/blog thingie : http://www.dustincamilleri.com/

i'll be updating live from the shows (unless i'm dancing ), so that should be fun

i'll be sure to contribute to the group blogs too!

- dc
Old 08-31-2007, 07:22 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

excellent! your site looks great. nice n clean.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:43 AM
lloyd
bungalow

I've linked to it at my blog so now you have to update it!