Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:06 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Re: 2010-06-13 Winter Sound System - Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
It sounds like they took someone elses material and added a bit to it.
well that's because that's exactly what they did.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:25 AM
DaddyAdv
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwound floors View Post
I'd love to hear their remix of Risingson played live, somewhere - does anybody know if there are bootlegs out there with it available? (...) mix of Leave Home (...)
Use the song search in Mike's awesome Gigography database: http://uwlive.rowla.com/songs/listSongs

Risingson: http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/bySong/115

Leave Home: http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/bySong/97
Old 06-16-2010, 12:48 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake View Post
well that's because that's exactly what they did.
Right. That to me is more the realm of remix and I wouldn't want to hear it live. Dunno, its just my personal preference. I'd rather hear UW original tracks. Like I said, it wouldn't stop me going to a show, not by a long shot.

My tiniest of fears is that Barking will sound too much like this to me. I doubt it but the tiny fear is still there.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:58 PM
lectoid
Is that really you?

Quote:
The video is 600MB and I have an exam tomorrow... I'll have to resize it somehow. Anybody got suggestions on what free programs are out there for me to resize it?
Try handbrake, probably the best free one out there.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:14 AM
unwound floors
power before passion.

Cheers, lectoid! That helped, a lot - managed to size it down to a hundred megaytes, which even my shitty connection could handle

Sorry for the delay in uploading (it's been a really awful, busy week), but finally: here is Diamond Jigsaw, live in Melbourne, 13/06/10. Please excuse my yelling with excitement.

Also! I found out the day before yesterday John Warwicker was doing a talk at RMIT Uni in Melbourne for the Australian Graphic Design Association about his book, The Floating World, so I went and picked myself up a last minute ticket and went. I got into the theatre a little early, and Warwicker jokingly told me and the two other guys who were in to get out. Then he noticed the 'lgr lgr lgr' bag I scored at Winter Sound System, and asked me how Underworld were on Sunday. Cue me pissing my pants with glee, and chatting to him for a few minutes about Underworld and the new album. Apparently he caught up with them while they were in Sydney and they were pretty amped for the Australia tour. Yay for them <3

(Warwicker's talk, for those curious, was great: while I haven't been able to pick up a copy of The Floating World due to poor, it was great to hear him talk about the process of putting it together and how Tomato worked overall. Weird discoveries: the credits for Trainspotting were in fact put together in ten minutes with a photocopier, and Mmm... Skyscraper I Love You, the typographic journal, was a rush job done for a gig Underworld were doing in London, I think - instead of knocking together some shirts for it, they decided to put together a typographic journal, and completed it over the course of three days. THREE DAYS. Jesus. My mind was blown.)
Old 06-18-2010, 08:20 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
how Tomato worked overall
which appears to work like this: aNt and co just sit with their adidases on desks and chuck stuff together 10 minutes before the deadline - typical creatives!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:48 AM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
Thank you Unwound... OK I am not freaking out anymore (PVD intervention)
Old 06-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Mike
born013

Quote:
Mmm... Skyscraper I Love You, the typographic journal, was a rush job done for a gig Underworld were doing in London, I think - instead of knocking together some shirts for it, they decided to put together a typographic journal, and completed it over the course of three days. THREE DAYS. Jesus. My mind was blown.)
Seriously, miki you are very very lucky. John Warwicker is one of the most interesting people i know, i would really like the chance to meet him one day.. i like the interview he did that is on the onyx pearls tomato dvd.

Having said that, im a little suprised that you would think that skyscraper took anything more than 3 days to make.... it is quite random, chopped up and it doesnt look like the kind of thing that was planned and created with a vision... the notes in there seem like things collected over time, underworld talk in the making..

Nevertheless it is a unique masterpiece, and takes pride of place in my collection...
Old 06-20-2010, 05:36 AM
unwound floors
power before passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Seriously, miki you are very very lucky. John Warwicker is one of the most interesting people i know, i would really like the chance to meet him one day.. i like the interview he did that is on the onyx pearls tomato dvd.

Having said that, im a little suprised that you would think that skyscraper took anything more than 3 days to make.... it is quite random, chopped up and it doesnt look like the kind of thing that was planned and created with a vision... the notes in there seem like things collected over time, underworld talk in the making..

Nevertheless it is a unique masterpiece, and takes pride of place in my collection...
Haha. It's probably because I've tried doing some typographic-type stuff in Photoshop, and never managed to get it looking anywhere near as great. The design's a bit messy, sure, but that's what makes it so compelling - it feels deliberate, like they're trying to emulate the visually-busy nature of the city, and it looks beautiful, not like it was a rush job at all!
Old 06-20-2010, 01:56 PM
razorpilot
scream to go faster

Unwound Floors- do you know that you were mentioned in the Underworld facebook posting today? :
unwoundfloors is a total cuteface, enjoying wasabi rushes and the other half back in
essex fighting the jet lag!