Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 01:08 AM
nicnuxx
river

Send a message via AIM to nicnuxx Send a message via MSN to nicnuxx
Re: New Boards of Canada single up for bigload
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum
you sound like a bunch of meth addicts. Get it together, do you really think you are listening to boards of canada off shareware, ...now??,,, "do you really think that's air your breathing, in this place"?....uhhh, NO! They are just random tracks done by fans, pranksters preying on your naivity, someone taking a crap, etc. You little parasites. Please don't act like you know anything about them cause you don't (nor do i). You don't even know much about yourself even though the gods have made you think that you really do. It's just interesting here how deranged we all are isn't it? A bunch of junkies puking all over each other.

It just goes to show that most people will do anything that's hyped by the uber alles fuhrer. For whatever elitist, dorko, popular media says, is soon to be what you say, eh? "You must get this now, we're experts." to "I must get this now, the experts said so, I must obey or be cast out of the alpha beta slag squad". Silly greedy little insecure goobers. Take a look at yourselves as little minions for satans scaly pecker, and feel regret, angish, and reality. Ipods don't play oggs. As of now, the denial runs thick, and the anger and finger pointing present themselves. Standard... After you cool out, maybe you could check some of the artists that don't cause you to take "the mark" to listen to their music. Or maybe you could focus your space and time on something that actually does something for somebody, next to just gimmie gimmie consume all kill destroy, i eat natural toxic waste music, identity crisisisisisisis, don't sound depressing, I'm going to cry, don't watch, I'm cool, stop biting nancy, buy now, go stare at the corner.
Money does not make the world go round. duuuhh

...or at least don't make fun of meth addicts, homeless people, alcoholics, workaholics/ wage slaves, overweight people, george bush, anyone in debt/indentured servants, "property owners", gasoline buyers, raw jocks, msg consumers, dead people or anyone else that is just like you.

The only boards of canada single you are going to get is from bleep and you guys are like wierd, man. ...aren't you tired of it all yet?
You would have to be an idiot to think some of the tracks are actually BOC but if you care enough you can match your DLs to the real ones and see how you do. I got about 40%real tracks, 60% fake. Your response cracked me up. WE ARE WEIRD MAN and so are you so that is why you are here. hahahhahaha
Old 10-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Forgotten Sanity
Dirty Bomb

Re: New Boards of Canada single up for download
I was going to wait until it came out but I was having a really strong craving for BoC so somehow I rationalized out why I need the new stuff today and not Tuesday.

I regret waiting.

Most of these tracks are freaking awesome, much better for the most part than Geogaddi. Like Scott said, they've rediscovered how to make their songs funk, and this is a good thing. Hey Saturday Sun has got to be one of the coolest tracks of the year, if not the coolest. And Satellite Anthem Icarus sounds like it lifted a riff from Neil Young's book, with very cool results. And you know, I'm loving how everyone has a different song they've mentioned because this album is really, really deep. There's not too many throwaway tracks on here at all, and this also is a good thing. This album is a good thing, for all those that have waited until now, you're in for a real treat.
Warning: The above post stands a high chance of being rife with sarcasm, cynicism and/or a tongue-in-cheek remark. May not be suitable for children under the age of 12, small farm animals and adults with a sense of humor comparable to a stale cracker. If any of these criteria apply to you, it is advisable to use extreme caution when handling said post, and if irritation occurs consult your physician.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Forgotten Sanity
Dirty Bomb

Re: New Boards of Canada single up for download
So, it's out now... what's everyone that held out think?
Warning: The above post stands a high chance of being rife with sarcasm, cynicism and/or a tongue-in-cheek remark. May not be suitable for children under the age of 12, small farm animals and adults with a sense of humor comparable to a stale cracker. If any of these criteria apply to you, it is advisable to use extreme caution when handling said post, and if irritation occurs consult your physician.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:04 AM
Cadevil
exilio

New BoC released and...?
What does everyone think of the Campfire Headphase?

I have not been a huge Boards fan in the past...have Music has the Right, but nothing else, but I am really digging this new one. Loving it actually. Anyone else?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

Re: New BoC released and...?
solid. but nothing to be too excited about.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:19 AM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
Really good album, but it doesn't have the same BOC magic as before. None of the tracks are growers like they were on previous albums. I liked them all right away. This album seems a little too surface level to me.

But it's still Boards of Canada, and I still love it.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:31 AM
thee carp dreamer
done up like a kipper

too sluggish and unimaginative. some nice textures though.

i'm diggin the delia gonzalez/gavin russon record more.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:10 AM
Scott Warner
delicious candy taster

Send a message via AIM to Scott Warner
Really enjoy it. Much more than the previous record.

Took me a long time to get into.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Not sure at first, but i'll come back to it.To busy with the new 65 Days Of Static album!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:15 PM
djeddy
chacabon! macaron!

i actually liked it. i really think peacock tail, as simple as it is, is one of the best tracks they've made yet..