Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:32 AM
scary man
Sci-Fi Jesus

Underworld cover 'Baby Wants To Ride'
Karl just announced on Lauren Laverne's Radio 6 show that they've covered Frankie Knuckles classic, Baby Wants To Ride.

She then played it, I heard a bit, but had to go back to work.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:44 AM
scary man
Sci-Fi Jesus

Re: Underworld cover 'Baby Wants To Ride'
It's a collab with Heller & Farley.
Get it here.

http://www.babywantstoride.com/
Old 02-12-2015, 04:59 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Vinyl is limited to 1000, so you may need to be quick.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:36 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Press release I got sent:

Junior Boys Own to release a tribute to Frankie Knuckles, the undisputed Godfather of house, on 31st March, the 1-year anniversary of his passing.

· Stream and download available now via The Elton John AIDS Foundation website.
· Vinyl available to pre-order now

In celebration of Knuckles’ life and music, two of the label’s cornerstone acts - Underworld and Heller & Farley - have joined forces for the first time to record a version of the Chicago classic “Baby Wants To Ride”.

“Baby Wants To Ride” will be released digitally and on limited edition 12” vinyl by Junior Boys Own/Caroline International. All proceeds of the record will go to the Frankie Knuckles Fund (part of the Elton John AIDS Foundation).

On the continued influence of Frankie Knuckles:

‘My relationship with Frankie goes back a long way. Twenty-five years ago, Frankie championed the early music Pete Heller and I made and many of the first releases on Junior Boys Own. He helped turn a group of suburban London music fans into DJs and producers who could travel the world, simply by his patronage.’ Terry Farley

‘As the creator of house music we owe Frankie a huge debt. Karl and I have always seen Frankie as the source and, as Underworld, we’re always swimming in his river.’ Rick Smith (Underworld)

‘When difficult decisions had to be made at the label, I’d often ask myself, “What would Frankie do?’ This meant we should approach the problem with love and respect for the music as our first concern.” Steven Hall (Junior Boys Own)

"It's fabulous. I have always LOVED Underworld. This is a great track and tribute to Frankie. Thanks to everyone involved from me and everyone
at the Elton John AIDS Foundation.” Sir Elton John (Elton John AIDS Foundation)

Iconic dance label Junior Boy’s Own is one of the most consistently successful UK dance labels. They have previously released records by – among many others – the Chemical Brothers, X-Press 2, the Ballistic Brothers and Black Science Orchestra. Underworld and Farley & Heller were among the first acts signed to the label in the early ’90s.

The Frankie Knuckles Fund was established by Defmix and the Elton John AIDS Foundation in Knuckles’ memory, following his passing on 31st March 2014. The fund receives donations for the charity’s work with men at high risk of HIV in Africa as well as African communities in the UK, and African American communities in the U.S.A.

The digital and 12” releases will be available to buy or pre-order from 13.00 GMT 12th February 2015 at www.babywantstoride.com. By ordering direct, you ensure that the proceeds go direct to the charity, without any retailer margin deductions. The limited edition of 1,000 vinyl 12”s and the digital bundle are available at babywantstoride.com as “Pay What You Want” (subject to a minimum of £12 plus shipping for the vinyl and £3 for the digital bundle).

The “Baby Wants To Ride” release has been supported by a team all of whom have given their time and services for free, including: 9PR, Abbey Road Mastering, Beatink Inc., Caroline International, Hub II Studio, Magnum PR, Mark James Works, Townsend Music, Turner Hall, Viaduct Promotions, Vinyl Factory and Your Army.

www.babywantstoride.com

Frankie Knuckles Fund for the Elton John AIDS Foundation

If you'd like to donate to the Frankie Knuckles Fund for the Elton John AIDS Foundation’s HIV programs serving African communities around the globe, please visit: http://www.ejaf.org/london/campaigns...knuckles-fund/

About Elton John AIDS Foundation

The Elton John AIDS Foundation is one of the largest private funding institutions for AIDS in the world. In the last 21 years, it has raised over £193m ($300m) to support more than 1,200 projects across four continents. Funding has helped leverage a further £228m ($355m) for programme partners, enabling them to reach millions of people infected, affected or at risk of HIV.

To find out more please go to www.ejaf.org/london
Old 02-12-2015, 05:37 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Vinyl ordered
Old 02-12-2015, 06:36 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

Vinyl ordered. Were we supposed to get a download code as well?
Old 02-12-2015, 07:38 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Never imagined Elton John to be an Underworld fan too
Old 02-12-2015, 08:58 AM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake View Post
Never imagined Elton John to be an Underworld fan too
So is Barry Manilow. His music isn't to my taste, but I like the guy.

Loved the snippet I heard and am so proud of the guys for doing this. That's my band!

I admit that I'm a transplanted Chicagoan; I wasn't here during the original house era. But one of my fondest memories is from the summer after I arrived, when the city invited Knuckles to DJ as part of their free outdoor dancing series in the Loop - even having Mayor Daley officially declare the occasion Frankie Knuckles Day. I rushed over after work and had barely reached the dance floor when a fellow I'd never seen before in my life wandered past with a "Wanna dance?"...and we didn't stop for the rest of the night. He gave me a history of sorts, pointing out figures such as Jamie Principle hanging out next on Frankie on stage, trading old-skool moves ("remember this one?") with the guy next to us, joining in a "Music Box! Music Box!" chorus of regulars paying tribute to their favorite club. Wish I could remember his name because it was the most joyous welcome to Chicago I could have had.

It embodied the ideal of people from all classes and races coming together to celebrate the joy of music and dancing. Underworld share that spirit; that's why I love them so and why this tribute is so appropriate.

Okay, enough sentimental mush - get back to dancing, ya suckers!
Old 02-12-2015, 11:52 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Grabbed the digital download. I prefer the vs Heller & Farley version a little bit more than the vs Misterons. There's a bit more space and it feels larger to me. Both are awesome though. Good to have some new from the boys!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:29 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Good to hear Rick singing again as well (at least it sounds like him doing a backing vocal on the "baby wants to ride..so high" lines).