Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2008, 01:28 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: collectors' corner
deckard236, thank you so much. No one said this before because I think we were cautiously skeptical, but the proof is in the pudding. I don't think anyone even knew these tracks existed, and you have generously shared a rare and unique piece of Underworld history with us.

It wasn't quite clear from your original post. Do you have the actual DAT? Or just a CD copy of it? If you have the DAT, could you post a picture of it? I'm sure there are some on here that would offer you a pretty penny for it.

Also, could you perhaps share the rest of the tracks? I wonder if any of them are different from the eventual album versions. At a minimum, you listed "River of Bass" as 9:06, which is longer than any released version.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:15 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Im happy that the music is on the tracker, so many thanks for that. Thanks also to the people helping Deckard236 in uploading it. However, as this is on the RTSR tracker, and this isnt really the thread for this (though news of it is astounding) further discussion should either be in a new thread, and discussion of any files should be on the RTSR Yahoo Group. We welcome new members with open arms, really

Once again, deckard236: thank you for your contribution!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:15 PM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
deckard236, thank you so much. No one said this before because I think we were cautiously skeptical, but the proof is in the pudding. I don't think anyone even knew these tracks existed, and you have generously shared a rare and unique piece of Underworld history with us.
agreed! seconded!
personally, hearing sounds of my early teenage years holds some special value: i imagin whan would have happend if i'd known them then... thinking about the super-crap stuff i listened to in '93..
so really: thank you! hearing fresh tunes from yesteryear really blows my mind...

Quote:
Also, could you perhaps share the rest of the tracks? I wonder if any of them are different from the eventual album versions. At a minimum, you listed "River of Bass" as 9:06, which is longer than any released version.
also seconded! us at RTSR being a bunch of anal collectors, we'd certainly appreciate the full show!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:32 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

awesome stuff deckard236

Can U Feel Me has the same part as Vocoder Monks

'a hole in the back of the sun' = runout groove on The Hump

'Can you feel me, like I feel you/Can you hold me in your dreams'
is also in Mother Earth although heavily computerized.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:26 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm skyscraper View Post
Can U Feel Me has the same part as Vocoder Monks
Nice catch. Makes sense, since Vocoder Monks is from an art installation piece from 1993.

I'm thinking that these demo pieces might be from as early as 1992 or 1991. If these are progenitors of later pieces (Organ -> Eclipse, Can U Feel Me -> Vocoder Monks, etc.), then they would necessarily have to be earlier than 1993.

Last edited by TheBang; 10-05-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:02 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Big Meat Show is great! thanks a million* Deckard.

*not in US currency
Old 10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Go listen to the last 3 minutes of "Mmm Skyscraper" on dubno. It's "Can U Feel Me". Much different from this early demo version, but you can hear the elements and lineage there. I always wondered about that section of Skyscraper, and now we know.

(Also, maybe a mod should break all of these posts out of collector's corner into a new thread.)

Last edited by TheBang; 10-05-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Yannick
Mew Mew

"Can U Feel Me" was on another tape cassette labeled as "Feel Me" which is 4:00 faded out...

other track out there:

Faded Love
Sex Lies (Rock)
Sex Lies
Winter Moon
Yours Faithfully
Faith Healer
Spirit Of The World
Isolation
Mother Earth.. early mix

would be nice to hear the stories about those... and here i was spending all my time with the nice doggy lol
Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 AM
deckard236
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
These tracks are awesome...! Thank you deckard236! You are holding a piece of history in your hands...

To me it sounds like The Hump / Mother Earth, Karl's MK1 style vocals + Rick's Lemon Interupt style beats & pads.
Is that Karl doing the Eclipse vocals in Organ? hehe...

One question: If I want to assemble the whole album, do I take the tracklist you posted earlier? Because in the torrent Can U Feel Me is track number 2 and not 9.
Yes the original dat was in the order that I listed earlier. The program was to long to fit on 1 CD so it is split onto 2, Can U Feel me is track 2 of the 2nd CD
Old 10-06-2008, 06:35 AM
deckard236
river

Quote:

It wasn't quite clear from your original post. Do you have the actual DAT? Or just a CD copy of it? If you have the DAT, could you post a picture of it? I'm sure there are some on here that would offer you a pretty penny for it.

I have a copy of the original dat, not the original one. I'm pretty sure that the original had a standard plain dat label that was hand written. I have listened to these tracks a hundred times and I never realized that River of Bass was almost 3 minutes longer, It is really just an extended version of the same mix, but I will definitely post it when I get a chance.