Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2008, 09:35 PM
rekoil
river

Re: Underworld visits ATL
I'll add my vote for "Dirty Epic" as my own "I can die happy now" moment...a killer performance by Karl.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Sinus
resonator

That show was damn fantastic.
I've never heard or seen Underworld that way before.
I will have to write more later.

If ANYONE has pics of this show I would really love to have them -
what a great night.

sinus
Old 03-30-2008, 09:19 PM
lectoid
Is that really you?

Quote:
If ANYONE has pics of this show I would really love to have them -
what a great night.
Look in the threads with ATL or Atlanta in the title. People have posted pictures. Here are mine, I have videos coming too.

http://web.mac.com/lectoid/site/Underworld.html

Last edited by lectoid; 03-30-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:29 AM
Sinus
resonator

Great Pics, lectoid - can't wait for your video.
Thanks for posting a pic of the setlist too.
I noticed they didn't play everything on it
Was it me, or did there seem to be a lot of conferencing / discussion on stage between Karl and their equipment guy? And between Karl and Rick?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:36 AM
mondokat
mouseman

lectoid, your pics are fantastic. I was having trouble with lighting and I was using my old crappy camera because I didn't know if security might want to take them at the door. Yours fill the void...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:54 AM
kissmywound
river

Yes something was definitely wrong for part or all of the show that Karl was clearly not happy about. It was probably double-pissing him off because not only was something wrong, but it kept distracting him while he and the equipment guy had to keep messing around with stuff when I'm sure all he wants to do is throw himself completely into the show. It looked like Rick had to wave Karl over once or twice and tell him something like "don't worry about it man look at these people they love it anyway" heh. I don't think it was anything totally major, my guess is it was either his vocoder or mic setup, and/or his earpieces weren't picking up the full feed, something like that. It's rare to think of or see Karl miffed since he has a rep of being such a carefree guy but I suppose it happens, especially when it comes to putting on the best show he can.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:48 PM
gillenium

From up front, I could see that there were NUMEROUS technical problems. I mean, at least a dozen things went wrong. If I hadn't seen them react to all of them, I wouldn't have noticed anything was wrong, though. If I was jet-lagged and had to deal with non-working mics and effects... I'd be pretty mad, too.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:26 PM
bristol
river

My god that show was incredible. I was afraid I might never get to see Underworld, so I was floored to hear they were playing in ATL. The show exceeded all expectations. I was front and center on the floor with one person between me and the stage, rockin the whole time. Darc, Juanita, that jam after Two Months Off - all just mind blowing. BTW - what was that jam? Are there any recordings of it?

Also, thanks for posting those pictures Lec. I'd love to see more, or hear a recording or something. I just couldn't be happier with the way that show turned out.
cacophony
disquietude

yeah i have to say, for the number of times the roadie had to come out and fix things, you'd never know by listening. everything sounded like it was going off as planned. i've never seen a group roll with the punches like that. they took every issue in stride and never let it impact the show itself.
potatobroth
bungalow

wow, that is truly shocking to hear but now that I think of it, the tech guy was out there quite a bit.

well, if it helps any, the show was simply amazing with any technical problems that may have arose. I don't think I've ever witnessed them more 'on' than this nite in Atlanta. Every single jam was truly built into something more spectacular than when it started. As a collector of ~100 live shows this one ranks right up there with the best of them easily. About 2 minutes into Darc, I turned to one of my friends and said, "get ready for a special night." - thats what good sound and fan energy can do for ya. The crowd too, simply amazing. The best crowd, venue, set I've ever seen at an Underworld show.