Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 09:29 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

greg the bunny
saw this for the first time on itv4 - funny as fuck - the muppets after a smoke - heartily recommended!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:32 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: greg the bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/
saw this for the first time on itv4 - funny as fuck - the muppets after a smoke - heartily recommended!
It's an acquired taste...they used to show this on Sunday nights in the US on Fox along with "The Simpsons", "Futurama" and i think "Malcolm in the Middle". It didn't last long, though.

Seth Green is a very funny guy, and Eugene Levy can be. But both of them were kinda dull in this as straight-men to the puppets. Seth Green's "Robot Chicken" clay/toy-animation program on Cartoon Network is much better than "Greg", methinks.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:57 AM
gambit
magic city writer

The name alone drove me away.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:21 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

I tried watching it a couple of times...

but honestly - it just felt like "Married: With Children" but with a muppet bunny
Old 05-08-2006, 04:48 PM
den
100% of nothing

Send a message via AIM to den Send a message via MSN to den
I remember this show. I thought it was pretty funny. A surprising number of people remember this show despite its short run and seemingly no one watching it.

"A-ig-hit."
"Nono, say 'Alight', but lose the L."
Old 05-09-2006, 03:01 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
I tried watching it a couple of times...

but honestly - it just felt like "Married: With Children" but with a muppet bunny
I see what you mean. Just sort of standard fare sitcom stuff with a puppet cast. I guess they were supposed to work on a kid's show or something.

A better version of this idea is MTV2's "Wondershowzen". It's sick, twisted and hilarious. The puppets talk of decidedly-adult things, although they are supposed to be educational. There are also kids voicing-over old educational films anddoing rude interviews.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:06 AM
sloff
that's mista mouseman

"Greg the Bunny" and Comedy Central's "TV Funhouse" were two of the best shows with puppets I've ever seen. They were both very twisted and amusing to watch. I was disappointed that neither lasted too long.

The "Wondershowzen" pilot that was kicking around on the net seemed so much better than the actual episodes I've managed to catch. I hope its just that I've only gotten to see a couple disappointing ones.

I guess I have an easier time enjoying puppets harrassing people in fictional space than in real space.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:06 AM
sloff
that's mista mouseman

"Greg the Bunny" and Comedy Central's "TV Funhouse" were two of the best shows with puppets I've ever seen. They were both very twisted and amusing to watch. I was disappointed that neither lasted too long.

The "Wondershowzen" pilot that was kicking around on the net seemed so much better than the actual episodes I've managed to catch. I hope its just that I've only gotten to see a couple disappointing ones.

I guess I have an easier time enjoying puppets harrassing people in fictional space than in real space.