Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:30 AM
Badger
pants

Re: REQUEST: Hunting for UW Live Temptation Alexandra Palace NYE 1998 source recordin
Here's a teaser for you guys...this is the FULL version of King Of Snake from the show...with only minor work done to it so far.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:09 AM
Badger
pants

Re: REQUEST: Hunting for UW Live Temptation Alexandra Palace NYE 1998 source recordin
Geoff, sent you a PM with a couple of questions and some info. Cheers.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:24 AM
Badger
pants

I will have a good source for the Swedish radio broadcast but there was some heavy editing by the Sweds on this broadcast so I am still looking for anyone who might have sources of the original Radio 1 broadcasts.

The original radio one broadcasts were:
- Annie Nightingale -
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You complete
Cowgirl
Push upstairs (Annie talked a bit in the middle of this)
Rez

- Steve Lamacq -
"Happy New Year" from Karl
King Of Snake
King Of Snake (Bungalow with "Moaner lyrics)
Dark & Long (Dark Train)
Born Slippy NUXX

I have the two radio one broadcasts which had everything just in a different order but my radio reception had a bit of static noise in the background. Was hoping to find another slightly cleaner source for the radio 1 broadcasts to make this even better but mine are good, I might be able to clean them up a little more but would be good if we could find another source.

Message me here or send me a PM if you have some sources or know someone who might have.

Last edited by Badger; 01-21-2016 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:54 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Great work Matt!
Old 01-22-2016, 12:17 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

sounding REALLY good, even over youtube.

PS that picture of a snake with a crown is downright ADORABLE.

Last edited by jetpig; 01-22-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Badger
pants

Am I really the ONLY one here that has the Radio One recordings? 🙁😢
Old 01-24-2016, 06:35 AM
markreed
mouseman

Have a look here ; https://www.mixcloud.com/1spaceboss/...n-31-dec-1998/

There are links to a 320kbps mp3 rip of this on that page.

I also have a 17 year old CDR made from the original broadcast dumped to tape. From the sound of it, the band mixed the show twice ; 1 - the raw feed which is above and 2 - a 60 minute (approx) edit broadcast in Jan 1999.

UPDATE : from what my battered memory tells me the Mixcloud stream is the full show, as it seems to be identical to what I heard on the night.

Last edited by markreed; 01-24-2016 at 06:36 AM. Reason: remembered a thing
Old 01-24-2016, 02:13 PM
Badger
pants

Hey Mark,

That mp3 on mixcloud is a rip of Jamie's version of the show that is on the RTSR tracker.

But if you are able to rip your old CDR with Exact or something and get it uploaded somewhere that would be great and could possibly help us out a bit.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:01 AM
Badger
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by markreed View Post

I also have a 17 year old CDR made from the original broadcast dumped to tape. From the sound of it, the band mixed the show twice ; 1 - the raw feed which is above and 2 - a 60 minute (approx) edit broadcast in Jan 1999.
I have got one other source of the BBC broadcast which will be very helpful but it is a little compressed so if it is possible for you to rip FLACS of your CDR that would be awesome and would give me one extra source and another option when constructing this full set.

And it is going to be a bit of work with stuff from a few different sources. The main thing will be to get them sounding close enough to each other and the very good and very clean Swedish cut up broadcast. And then patching them together.

But that will be the fun part.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Mike
born013

Am I right in thinking New Order also played at Ally Pally at the same night? I vaguely remember Radio 1 asking people at the gig which one they preferred and everybody pretty much said "oh yeah, Underworld were way better".

Mark: Can you check that the data is correct on these?

"Temptation I" in Manchester (I have your photos attached to this one - were these actually from Ally Pally?)
http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/126

"Temptation II" at Ally Pally
http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/127

We have recordings of both.

Edit: I see from your blog post that you went to London gig, so I'm pretty sure those photos should be for the London gig and yes New Order also played the same night.

Quote from the gig:

K: "Hey look, i'm using autocue"

A nice reference to KoS visuals from that era.