Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 04-29-2022, 08:34 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
News on Drift Series 2 or other projects?
Hey all, I've not scoured the entire internet, but cursory searches point to the strong likelihood of a continuation of the Drift series by R&K. During his Reddit "Ask Me Anything", Karl straight-up said:
"Rick and I have every intent of continuing the drift series' it has become our life's work!"

Anyway, that comment was two years ago, and Drift 1 concluded in 2019. Granted, Drift series 1 was an ambitious year-long endeavor, so they are very entitled to a break. And we have the pandemic no doubt throwing schedules off.

But has anyone heard what the UW boys might be up to lately (besides rehearsal footage recently on Facebook and the few summer festivals scheduled) and when we might hear something new? Thanks!
Old 05-09-2022, 05:40 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

Re: News on Drift Series 2 or other projects?
who knows what will happen next. I do believe there is work on drift 2, as there are/were too many teasers.
But then there is also the potential for the 100 days off deluxe set (i think there were mock ups of that posted on here?) and I also recall Karl teasing that the band know the riverrun series needs a physical release (but the wish could be father of the thought there).
Drift was an explosion of underworld. be awesome if drift 2 was an avalanche with a supporting cast of 100 days off superdeluxe and the riverrun boxset announcement. we can but live in hope.
whatever comes next, I can't wait!
Old 05-09-2022, 04:26 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

and they have a bunch of live dates restarting soon. seeing japan shows pop up as well. excited for this next big push of creative
Old 10-15-2022, 08:37 AM
purlieu
enofa

I'm assuming that we won't be getting the AHDO box this year. Quite odd that the Beaucoup Fish one came out before its 20th anniversary, and yet this will be running late.
Old 10-19-2022, 03:46 PM
undarrenworld
bungalow

This all AHDO boxset Is really wish. AHDO Is my favourite album and I know that Im in real minority thinking that. The album just have unique atmosphere.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:38 PM
iamneorev
pants

The only reissue I care about is the Riverrun series. It deserves its own set.