Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2009, 12:02 AM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
?

Last edited by bryantm3; 06-22-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:35 AM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan

Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
I find the pro-life position prioritizes the more fundamental right of life (as opposed to the less fundamental right to end a life) and gay rights support the equally important pursuit of happiness. I guess I'm pro-life and pro-gay rights, then.

I'm not a big fan of government deeming anything to be "marriage" and consequently giving partial treatment to those who are married, but whatever...

Last edited by IsiliRunite; 06-21-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:14 AM
stimpee
Administrator

I find the term pro-life to be very deceptive. everyone is pro life. everyone loves life. just depends on how far you want to go. they need a new term.

I think its sad now that when I think of pro-life I think of people who murder doctors. Hardly pro-life is it.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:06 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
I find the term pro-life to be very deceptive. everyone is pro life. everyone loves life. just depends on how far you want to go. they need a new term.

I think its sad now that when I think of pro-life I think of people who murder doctors. Hardly pro-life is it.
my sentiments exactly.

Also its funny how many blokes are 'pro-life'

Instead of 'pro-life' Bryant, wouldn't you be better off describing yourself as Anti-abortion?
Old 06-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Deckard
issue 37

Quote:
pro-life AND pro-gay rights
No contradiction there, but obviously a lot of pro-lifers' opposition to gay rights tends to result from the common factor of the Bible and more specifically how they choose to interpret it. But that got me thinking: I wonder which is more uncommon amongst self-described conservatives: being anti-gay rights or anti-abortion?
Old 06-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Strangelet
rico suave

Anyway I'm very much anti-life. In fact when I go out for a hike, and I'm in the mountains surrounded by nature I get really mean and say "god i hate all this fucking life everywhere."

- Mark Twain

Old 06-22-2009, 12:35 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog View Post
Instead of 'pro-life' Bryant, wouldn't you be better off describing yourself as Anti-abortion?
anti-abortion, yes. and i can think of a number of more accurate ways to describe the position:

anti-choice, anti-individual rights, anti-women's health rights, pro-government intrusion, pro-government legislation over individual bodies, pro-revokation of individual civil rights, pro-punishment for reproductive females

etc etc
Old 06-22-2009, 02:18 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
anti-abortion, yes. and i can think of a number of more accurate ways to describe the position:

anti-choice, anti-individual rights, anti-women's health rights, pro-government intrusion, pro-government legislation over individual bodies, pro-revokation of individual civil rights, pro-punishment for reproductive females

etc etc
all of these things are not what my position (i don't know about others) stands for. i believe a woman has as much right as a man to do anything with her body that she wishes. however, once a child is conceived, i believe, and it is hard to disprove, that a child is alive and no longer part of the individual such as oocytes or semen. indeed, the child still depends on the mother for a nurturing environment in the womb and nutrition, but a newborn child does as well, and cannot survive on its own. arguing that a week old child is not a person vs. a newborn child is almost the same comparison as arguing that a newborn child is not a person vs. an adult.

so, to me, it's not about removing 'women's rights', it's about protecting the right of an individual to live who cannot stand up for her/his self. if it were in any way possible to safely 'adopt' a child still in the womb to another woman, i would support that procedure.

i do believe that a woman has a right to prevent herself from becoming pregnant if she wishes, via condoms, foam, diaphragms, etc.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:51 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

I don't know about you lot, but I think someone's telling the self-righteous holier-than-thou type to kiss his ass:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	undulatus-asperatus.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	268  

Old 11-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Deckard
issue 37

Is that the crack of dawn, jOHN?

Btw,

(Hey it's holiday time. Serious can wait.)