Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2010, 05:45 AM
myrrh
a small-minded madman

Re: fuck religion
I don't think that religion itself is to blame for all the worlds ills. For example, religion wasn't the cause of the WW1, WW2, Korean War, Vietnam War, Cold War, Desert Shield/Storm or the Iraqi War. You can say that Afghan War was started because of religion, but I think it was more about foreign policy and how the US used the Afghans to beat the Russians, then left them to fall into civil war.

Maybe you can say that during medieval times religion was the cause of wars, but even then it was mostly the Church deciding to reclaim the Holy Land, and the Popes that issued Crusades weren't doing it for religious means, but using religion to rouse the people - much like Al-Qaida is doing today.

Then you have the British Empire and colonialism, Napoleon and France, US and Native American's. Were these act's caused by religion?

I also don't think that religion will go away any time soon. I was initially going to say that it will never go away, but then I remembered that according to Islam, at the end of time it will be gone. This is when the Sun will rise from the West, which according to modern science won't be for a looooooong time.

With regards to mongoose, and I don't mean to be insulting or anything like that, but let me ask you this:

According to the definition of the Trinity - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, are one co-equal and co-eternal. This means that if one part of the Trinity ceases to exist, then all of them will cease to exist.

Therefore, according to Christianity, when Jesus died on the cross, God would have died. This creates a dilemma according to Christianity because Christians also believe that God is eternal and can not die. This leads to the illogical - such as that Jesus was human and God, and when you inquire about this with Christian theologians, eventually you get to the point where you are told that you 'just have to believe' and that is 'the mystery of faith'.

So, my question is, if the concept of the Trinity is so important to the salvation of humanity, why isn't the word Trinity found anywhere in the Bible?