Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2008, 02:54 PM
lloyd
bungalow

Re: Underworld Live Radio Show, Underworld vs. Bungalow with Stairs - December 11, 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywaver View Post
I have tried a few times to join RTSR but alas to no avail. In other words not got confirmation. Not going to moan but i would imagine there must be a backlog of member wannabes? Or isn't there enough moderators? Maybe noone likes me.................!

You joined october 21th and were accepted either that day or close to it. There isn't a confirmation email or msg. If you would have tested the system you would have noticed that you are a member, but you are either to lazy or aren't interested enough I guess. Nothing the mods could help with.
The mods try to keep up, there was 1 person awaiting approval today, not as you state 'a backlog' suggesting that are 100's of people waiting. You never contacted one of us mods. Nope, right away complaining without any knowledge.
(I can make mindless bolt statements too you see )
<end of sarcastic msg>

As said before, the yahoo rtsr group thing isn't perfect but it works. If you have any question, just ask. Or search here, there's enough info on the board to help your self most of the time.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:14 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Underworld Live Radio Show, Underworld vs. Bungalow with Stairs - December 11, 20
Hi - i recorded the stream from UWLive with some freeware recorder, and it's fine - just a little quiet in terms of volume (until the last hour of tracks) and at 3.5 hours, it's a big file, even at 128 kps mp3.
I'll work on splitting it into individual tracks and try to post it here soon if it doesn't already appear here or on RTSR.

If you can't wait, DL this freeware
http://freecorder.com/sound-recorder/
-it installs on your browser toolabr and records streams such as the UW radiocast in real time. Very nice. (thanks to qirex for sending it to me)

Last edited by holden; 12-15-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:47 PM
kowalski__
mouseman

brilliant!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:04 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

I'm all done with splitting and tagging, and I'm just waiting for an ID on the last track before I post it to the tracker. Does anyone know, or maybe someone can bug Darren to get the track name?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 PM
galama
mouseman

i tried to fuck around with the broadcast but to no avail. someone posted a tutorial about capturing streams with VLC, can we get that again please.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:07 AM
Flywaver
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
You joined october 21th and were accepted either that day or close to it. There isn't a confirmation email or msg. If you would have tested the system you would have noticed that you are a member, but you are either to lazy or aren't interested enough I guess. Nothing the mods could help with.
The mods try to keep up, there was 1 person awaiting approval today, not as you state 'a backlog' suggesting that are 100's of people waiting. You never contacted one of us mods. Nope, right away complaining without any knowledge.
(I can make mindless bolt statements too you see )
<end of sarcastic msg>

As said before, the yahoo rtsr group thing isn't perfect but it works. If you have any question, just ask. Or search here, there's enough info on the board to help your self most of the time.
Dam right i am lazy!
Apologies as i didn't realise it works that way. Checking it out now.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:31 AM
Flywaver
vision

Just had to rejoin. Another signing in name to forget!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:03 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose View Post
If you purchase the PRO version of Quicktime, does it give you the option to 'Save' the Webcast on www.uwlive.com?
that won't work. It will only save a reference file but not the actual content itself.
It's a bit of a pain in the ass but it is how it is. I'm glad we're able to re-listen the shows at all, and usually before too long some generous dirt (Like TheBang) will post a recording anyway.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Flywaver
vision

I like the map and photo idea on RTSR. Be a good add on perhaps for here!?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:51 AM
pw32
river

just gave this a listen, really enjoyed it, my favourite broadcast for a while