Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

How do you go about listening?
I'm kinda curious as how everyone else here goes about listening to the boys. What gear do you use? Headphones? Speakers? In the car? Whole albums/sets or individual songs? Do you go in alone? Do you care if others are there?

I'm usually alone, or with my SO as they tend to put me in a raw emotional spot. I'll put them on (usually Thing in a Book or similar) at work when I'm alone doing prep work in the kitchen or when I'm closing up I'll put on something fast like the Pearl's Girl EP or the Heineken Music Hall or Belfort 98 to help me keep my pace up. I'm usually listening on my sony V6 or beyerdynamic 770 headphones on my own. Though with the SO we'll use the mackie speakers.

How about y'all?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:40 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: How do you go about listening?
lately I've been almost always on headphones and while at work (Beats - sounds great.) My new car, same model as my old one, sadly destroys the midlevels of the songs and all i hear is shitty bass. No idea why but hopefully its just a setting.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
It all depends on how i'm feeling or what i'm doing!

If I'm relaxing at home, i like to listen to full albums on the stereo. Same when i'm on a long drive. Make it more immersive and without breaking up the flow!

For exercising, i will listen to select songs on the headphones. Short drives, i might put in a single or EP.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Andrea
light at heart

I´m driving 2 hours a day so I listen very often in my car, alone. Mostly random mixed with other tracks, unless I feel that irresistible longing for some U / W piece, which is actually happening quite often. I love the sound and I love his voice, so sometimes I just need to hear it.

I had a full set U/W CDs in a folder but all are gone without a trace after a car wash or something. Good to know that U/W have so many fans at least.
Luckily I had a copy in my iPod, so now I use mostly my headphones, especially when I travel by train, like 6 hours yesterday.

Btw. I just have to say, my train was so brand new you could still feel the smell of plastic and glue & the seats were incredibly uncomfortable & half way to Stockholm it also needed a reboot, so guess if I was happy having my iPod full of U/W songs among others
Old 12-14-2012, 10:05 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I miss public transit for that. My last job allowed me an hour and 15 minute commute each way exclusively on bus and foot/longboard (weather permitting). Most albums and a healthy number of sets were easy to fit in that space and there's that peculiar privacy afforded on buses and trains. Now I have a 20 to 30 minute walk to work that, while I appreciate the close proximity, leaves me far fewer choices and opportunities to listen and needs me more aware of my surroundings. I get a lot fewer Peel sessions and albums in now, and I'm forced to examine specific tracks or sets of tracks alone. Can't close my eyes and float away while walking on the shoulder of the street either.

PotatoBroth: You like the beats? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews from people who either love them or hate them. Ever had any other headphones in the price range? I will say the velour of my 770s allow the most comfortable fit of a headphone I've ever experienced. Maybe try lowering the bass levels in your car? It's been a trend in the audio industry to accentuate bass and highs more
Old 12-16-2012, 03:29 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

99% of the time I listen to curated playlists in headphones, most often while biking.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:18 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfi...&skuId=9246862
Old 12-21-2012, 12:10 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

mostly just playing individual tracks (or couple of tracks) from albums/shows on my my phone to nice pair of headphones (sony mdr 7506) when I'm on the train to or from work.
It's been a while since I've listened to a whole show or album on speakers... I think I should do that again sometime soon
Old 12-26-2012, 02:48 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

iPhone 4s - Bose Headphones - Custom Playlists. Occasionally I listen to complete albums - STITI and BF usually...
Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM
negative1

mostly on my altec lansing speakers through a pc, headphones on my zune HD, and in my car,
and also various tablet pc's.

later