Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 AM
cacophony
disquietude

fanhood, new albums and relationships
is anyone else driving their spouse/significant other crazy with their new-album fervor?

my husband is a tolerant dirty-spouse, he likes UW as much as any other band and he never minds when i get fixated on a track or album or performance and play it over and over and over every time we get into the car.

last night he told me i should just enjoy the new album instead of picking it apart and going over every detail of every track. i told him, "you know this is how it is every time a new album comes out." he smiled and said, "i know." we met when AHDO was only a couple weeks old, so he's been through it before.

we were in the car with our toddlers yesterday and during a vocal break one of our boys piped up and asked, "what this?" referring to the speaking. i told him, "that's music, buddy. that's juanita." my spouse then added, "i hear she has no kite." it took me a moment to realize he'd just made a tidy little STITI reference, and i realized how nice it is to have a partner who gets my obsession.

just thought i'd share, since many of us are doing the new-album-obsessive-fanhood thing and i'm sure i'm not the only one with a non-fan significant other who has to put up with this BS every few years.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: fanhood, new albums and relationships
My wife loves the new album. She's already familiar with most of the tracks from listening to the live shows but since it's been in the car she's been jamming it regularly.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
cacophony
disquietude

is she what you would describe as a fan? because my husband is really liking the new album, too. interesting to see whether this is album is a new fan generator.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:23 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

i think my gf likes the album more than i do. we were listening to hamburg hotel and she goes "this album's like it was made for me, but i guess this part is more for you."

but to answer a question in the thread: whenever i obsess over any kind of music it's ok, because we both have our things we obsess over and understand that if we dont spend time on it we get really antsy. which is how headphones become ok to have while in the same room...
Old 09-07-2010, 10:16 AM
purlieu
enofa

I got my girlfriend into Underworld, then she heard Scribble and ALAF and seemed to try and get herself out of Underworld again. Haha.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
I got my girlfriend into Underworld, then she heard Scribble and ALAF and seemed to try and get herself out of Underworld again. Haha.
Are you ready for a way out? Are you looking for the way back in?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:15 PM
miss glitch
<3!

Send a message via MSN to miss glitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
but to answer a question in the thread: whenever i obsess over any kind of music it's ok, because we both have our things we obsess over and understand that if we dont spend time on it we get really antsy. which is how headphones become ok to have while in the same room...
I have exactly the same thing with my boyfriend

He probably wouldn't be able to name many Underworld tracks but enjoys listening to them when I put them on - we're both usually obsessing over different things though, so headphones work out pretty well!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:02 PM
darktrain