Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:30 AM
iamneorev
pants

Re: Juanita drop, 27/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy3 View Post
Does anyone know if the digital release is going to be available in any US stores? I've looked at several, and none seem to have it.
I personally use the UK Qobuz store. I also have an account with the US store. A UK friend of mine made me an account for the UK store and I took it over and use my own info with it.. Sometimes I was able to get a cheaper price in the UK store versus US store and vice versa. I have also found releases exclusive to a territory on Qobuz that was not available in the UK store, but available in the German one. I'm surprised it hasn't shown up in the US store.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:34 AM
iamneorev
pants

By the way, it would be nice if they remastered and did some work on the Tokyo 2005 show and released it digitally. Perhaps try and tweak the mix/level a little bit on it. Personally, I'm more a fan of the Amsterdam show in 2005.

Also, could UW make Back In The Fears a drop cuz I would love an extended version like they played in the live shows. The Riverrun version is just too short.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:44 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

yeah, weird that we can't stream it here in the States?
Old 05-27-2022, 07:34 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

It's just a matter of time before it's released in digital format lossless out here in the US. I'll wait, although it's a limited edition release, $57 shipped is pretty steep for only 2 tracks. Qobuz and 7Digital have both Two Months Off and Dark & Long 3 in lossless for purchase. The artwork for the Juanita vinyl is beautiful, I will say. Spotify has it listed, however, only the Everything Everything version of Juanita is available to stream.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:58 PM
Vancouver
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy3 View Post
Does anyone know if the digital release is going to be available in any US stores? I've looked at several, and none seem to have it.
Probably not super helpful but it's available for purchase in the Canadian iTunes store (for $9.99, mind you ). And you can't purchase just one it's "album only" which kinda sucks if you already have the live version (for two decades).
Old 05-28-2022, 03:08 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
It's over 10 pounds on Qobuz!!! And if you wanna buy just a single track, like just Juanita 2022 on its own, it's 16 pounds for a single track!!! WTF

I'm sorry, I love UW, but this pricing is absurd. 2 tracks should not be 10 pounds. 5 pounds for Apple lossy is pushing it. I could see lossless/hi-res being 5 pounds, but, still, it's only 2 songs.

And lord forbid, they just post it on their Bandcamp and set the price. I don't know who is figuring out these prices for them, but that is insane.

Yeah I don't understand why they are not using Bandcamp. It seems to fit their ethos much better than being locked in to all these huge corporate stores with lossy quality. Fuck Apple.
I just want to buy FLAC downloads of new Underworld tracks easily for a reasonable price. Is that really too much to ask in 2022?
Old 05-28-2022, 03:13 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
Hey guys, looks like UW followed through
Qobuz album price has dropped to 2.49 pounds for 16 bit lossless, 2.99 pounds for hi-res...
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/ju.../xpa0m3p38ab0b

Thanks, gonna check this one out!
Old 05-28-2022, 11:07 AM
lament
sniffin the wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Let me tell you about the postage charges to the U.S....
Yeah I just spent $95 on that JAL to Tokyo hoody. will be worth it though..
Old 05-30-2022, 02:57 AM
kensey
river

I loved the Dark Train rework, but this one doesn't really do it for me and I prefer the Everything, Everything version.

The thing I'm most puzzled by is the flattening of the 'huh' in the vocal at the end of the 'when you walk away' section, which had real drive and feeling. In fact the whole vocal treatment seems to have robbed it of its urgency and excitement.

Nice to hear a few new elements in there though.
Old 05-31-2022, 02:38 PM
StrangeLastName
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Let me tell you about the postage charges to the U.S....
No kidding! Is this one even higher than the previous 12" drops? I don't know if I can shell out $50+ for this one.