Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:09 PM
aaron5000
mouseman

Re: Underworld @ Hollywood Bowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstylin'
Anyone else wish there was a pit to get crazy in?
You mean you didn't like the guy standing in front with glowsticks trying to put on his own show?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:16 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron5000
You mean you didn't like the guy standing in front with glowsticks trying to put on his own show?
and there was that whole pile of glowstick-spinning folks on the right about 1/4 of the way back.
i wanted to find and hurt those twits with the laser pointers, though. just rude.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:18 PM
aaron5000
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrain
and there was that whole pile of glowstick-spinning folks on the right about 1/4 of the way back.
i wanted to find and hurt those twits with the laser pointers, though. just rude.

I laughed at the spinning glowsticks to the right because it's like someone passed them out to one section and that's it.

And yeah the laser pointers were lame. I thought people got over playing with those in the mid-90's.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:28 PM
EuroZeroZero
Antistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron5000
I kept waiting for it
thats how i felt about darktrain in san fran
Old 09-09-2007, 10:35 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroZeroZero
thats how i felt about darktrain in san fran
i never said i'd...oh

seriously though, hearing the bit of small conker i got REALLY amped up for you do scribble (my current fav track), only to have nuxx come on instead. not that i minded much.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 PM
cured
sikk

I had a great time. The new stuff was a lot of fun and I don't think I've ever seen Karl have so much fun onstage. Still the best entertainer in the biz
Old 09-09-2007, 11:18 PM
everything2
river

Funny - A post from Cured in Aliso Viejo. I just moved to AV and just returned from the show at the H Bowl as well.

I was so relieved when they kept playing after Born Slippy - King of Snake was as good as it gets. I wish they would have hit about 5 more songs, but oh what a night!

Lesson learned: We craiglisted tix at the back of the bowl but danced and wandered all the way down to row F boxes. I assume a lot of us did Those aisles between every level were a party. Dance, smile and breathe Underworld and the H bowl can be your oyster. I can not believe they were as solid as they've ever been.

I was lucky to see Darren's last show at Coachella in 99 and this ranked right up there. The sound was perfect, the crowd was above stellar. I was worried that people weren't dancing for Oakie, but now that we lives in LA, I guess the urgency wasn't there? But the scene, sound and utter beauty of Undrworld was unbelievable. Imagining following these guys to Colorado and Central Park. Central freaking PARK. That's going to be classic as well...

Please link videos and pix to this site, If you have them.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:25 PM
everything2
river

They played everything, everything in the middle of that well prepared set list. Cloising the night with Slippey, king of snakes and jumbo. It doesn't get any better than that
Old 09-09-2007, 11:46 PM
idoru
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by everything2
They played everything, everything in the middle of that well prepared set list. Cloising the night with Slippey, king of snakes and jumbo. It doesn't get any better than that
Err, "Everything, Everything" was the name of their live CD/DVD. You're thinking of Cowgirl.
________
Chrysler n platform specifications

Last edited by idoru; 03-09-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:47 PM
dc_04
mouseman

amazing show - best of the three so far, in my opinion.

setlist wise - this had the best flow.. built up beautifully until cowgirl/rez - and then it was on from then on out..

energy wise - i've never seen RICK with so much energy! did you see him completely lose it towards the end of glam bucket? i love it!

i've got a ton of video and pics.. should be up by morning.. now i seriously need some rest!

bring on denvah!

- dc