Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:24 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Dubnobasswithmyheadman: 20th Anniversary 5-CD Deluxe Boxset
Everyone stop what your doing and check out the shop page! Dubno...

Deluxe 5 CD boxset (info taken from the shop page)
released on 6th October 2014. Includes previously unreleased material and rare alternate mixes alongside the record’s original companion singles and remixes and a 50 page book containing memorabilia and new artworks by tomato.

CD1// 1. Dark & Long / 2. Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You / 3.Surfboy / 4.Spoonman / 5.Tongue / 6.Dirty Epic / 7.Cowgirl / 8.River Of Bass / 9.M.E .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... //

CD2 // 1.The Hump (Wild Beast) / 2.Eclipse / 3. Rez/ 4. Dirty / 5. Dirty Guitar / 6.Dark & Long (Hall's Edit) / 7.Dark & Long (Dark Train) / 8.Spikee .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... //

CD3 // 1.Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You (Jam Scraper) / 2.Cowgirl (Irish Pub In Kyoto Mix) / 3.Dark & Long (Most 'Ospitable Mix) / 4.Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You (Telegraph 16.11.92) / 5. Dark & Long (Burts Mix) / 6.Dogman Go Woof / 7. Dark & Long (Thing In A Book Mix) .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... //

CD4 // 1.Concord (3 Comp75 id9 A1771 Aug 93A) / 2.Dark & Long (1st ruff id3 A1551 2) / 3. Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You (A1765 Sky Version id4. Harmone6 COMP43) / 4.Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You (After sky id6 1551 2) / 5.Can You Feel Me? (from A4796) / 6. Birdstar (A1558 Nov 92B.1) / 7.Dirty Epic (Dirty Ambi Piano A1764 Oct 91) / 8. Spoonman (version1 A1559 Nov92) / 9.Organ (Eclipse version from A4796) / 10.Cowgirl (Alt Cowgirl C69 Mix from A1564) .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... //

CD5 - LIVE JAM KYME RD // 1. Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You / 2.Improv 1 / 3.Bigmouth / 4.Improv 2 / 5.Big Meat Show / 6.Improv 3 / 7.Spoonman

AND

a BluRay Disc for sale.

http://underworldlive.spinshop.com/

Last edited by Troy McClure; 06-24-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:00 AM
saintrik
temperature drops

Re: 6/23 tease

Good lord.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:06 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

It's everything -1 dreamed and more! Time to get a blu-ray drive. Also the 5 cd thing...

Most interesting is the pre-order for that show... curious to see the full news release. Dont miss the front page of the website!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
It's everything -1 dreamed and more! Time to get a blu-ray drive. Also the 5 cd thing...

Most interesting is the pre-order for that show... curious to see the full news release. Dont miss the front page of the website!
Can't wait to crank up the BluRay to 11. This definitely is a huge thrill.

The 5 CD set is definitely for the life long fan in all of us. So much stuff.

Thank you Underworld.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:15 AM
fastone
river

...and a live performance at the South Bank.....excellent day today
Old 06-24-2014, 02:17 AM
fastone
river

...ooops
details here http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/sup...&utm_campaign=[E]Underworldann24/6/14&utm_content=version_A
Old 06-24-2014, 02:43 AM
purlieu
enofa

Gonna be the first to say "shame it doesn't have all the b-sides and remixes from the era" - although this is blatantly for time reasons (the remaining Dark & Long versions would pretty much fill another CD for a start). Otherwise, pretty great. Cannot wait to hear CD4 in particular.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:45 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

The press release is up too on their page and Facebook:

http://www.underworldlive.com/news/2...-issue-show-2/

To coincide with the re-release of Dubnobasswithmyheadman, Underworld will play the album in full at a one-off show at London’s Royal Festival Hall on Saturday 11th October 2014. This show will offer fans a unique chance to see Underworld in one of the capital’s most iconic venues playing this classic album in its entirety for the first time. Tickets cost £35/£30 and are on general sale from 4th July.

AND

Dubnobasswithmyheadman is the first remastered work to be released, there are plans in place to remaster and reissue all of the Underworld’s studio albums in the next few years.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:53 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
Gonna be the first to say "shame it doesn't have all the b-sides and remixes from the era" - although this is blatantly for time reasons (the remaining Dark & Long versions would pretty much fill another CD for a start). Otherwise, pretty great. Cannot wait to hear CD4 in particular.

That's true, but persoanlly I'd rather have something like CD4 and CD5 then something that was already released.

The press release says CD5 is 'previously unreleased live rehearsal recorded in the band's home studio in 1993'

Jason
Old 06-24-2014, 02:59 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

Fantastic news. A better reissue package than we could have reasonably hoped, not to mention the live show (which I will buy tickets for even though I've no idea whether I can travel to England or not).

It's astonishing to learn there's that much unreleased/alt material from the era considering how much they put out at the time. The album proper, the Dirty Epic, Cowgirl, Dark & Long singles plus Spikee/Dogman and the LI stuff and yet there's still more we haven't heard. What an astonishingly fertile era for the band. I hope that revisiting it has inspired Rick and Karl to write more together.