Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Vectorman0
mouseman

Send a message via AIM to Vectorman0
Re: atl 28-mar uw audio recording of concert
I took the liberty of combining both halves and uploading them to my webspace. Hopefully this can save someone the trouble of using rapidshare. Anyway, if anyone has a problem with this, let me know and I can take it down.

http://vectorman.net/underworld/Atlanta%20192kbps.zip
Old 04-06-2008, 06:22 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Hello Everyone,

Loooooonnnng time lurker, first time posting. I can't tell you how much audio I've acquired here of broadcasts and such from the amazing Dirt community.

So first off, thank you to everyone for all the sharing and info over the years, and especially to Subtlejam for the Atlanta audio. This was my first Underworld concert (finally) after being a deep fan since '95. And what a show - I think most of the community agrees it was one of their more memorable shows, especially that version of Dirty Epic.

And while I was impressed with the recording (and that it's even available), I thought I'd run it through my mastering software to brighten it up and make it more listenable. I regularly batch master and make mp3s of albums for my friends' releases on my small record label, so it was pretty quick and easy for me to do.

I thought I'd share it with the community, since I was already uploading it for friends of mine that went to the show. It's not a replacement for the original - and it's a little trebley and metallic at times - but it does brighten it up. I used Ozone for mastering, saved to Wav, and made two batches - one at 320 without adjustments, the other at 192 with iTunes smart encoding (which sometimes gives electronic-based stuff more punch). Your mileage may vary....enjoy.

320: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X3FS8M98
192: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTASC6C4
Old 04-06-2008, 06:33 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Seems to be a lot of activity around this concert audio.... Thanks everyone for the help (and I don't mean to step on any toes).

Anyway: I mastered my uploads from the 128 originals. They're large rar files, just to warn you, at 277 and 180 Megs respectively. If anyone's having trouble, feel free to break them up or whatever. And please spread them on RTSR if anyone's interested - I don't have the time to join in with that (I know I'm missing out). Thanks.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:22 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Thanks for this. Awesome.