Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2010, 12:08 PM
stimpee
Administrator

new Duran Duran album
http://www.musicnewsnet.com/2010/11/...m-release.html
DURAN DURAN Announces New Album Release

MUSIC NEWS - The four original members of Duran Duran; John Taylor, Roger Taylor, Nick Rhodes and Simon Le Bon, have today revealed plans of the global release of their 13th studio album, entitled All You Need Is Now. The 9-track digital LP is due out exclusively on the iTunes Store on December 21, 2010 with the expanded physical LP and various format special packages will come out February 2011.
The first single from the record, title track "All You Need Is Now", will be available worldwide on December 14 exclusively on the iTunes Store. Produced by the Grammy Award-winning Mark Ronson (Amy Winehouse, Adele, Kaiser Chiefs, Lily Allen) and mixed by Spike Stent (Madonna, Björk, No Doubt), the record is said to be a return-to-roots homage to Duran Duran's most celebrated musical panache. Selling over 80 million records over their three-decade career, Duran Duran certainly has a storied history, but a new tale begins now.

Always at the forefront of the art scene, the band enlisted the talents of up-and-coming British art star Clunie Reid for the new album artwork and packaging. Reid's work has been recently shown at leading UK and US spaces, including the Saatchi Gallery, The Tate and the New Museum in New York. British fashion magazine POP's creative team will provide art direction for the project.
All You Need Is Now digital LP tracklisting in full:

1. All You Need Is Now
2. Blame The Machines
3. Being Followed
4. Leave A Light On
5. Safe
6. Girl Panic
7. The Man Who Stole A Leopard
8. Runway Runaway
9. Before the Rain

*A 12-track physical package will be available for purchase on CD and vinyl with special deluxe options in February 2011.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:17 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: new Duran Duran album
hmmm...

well - I like how for ONCE a band has put the exclusive content on the PHYSICAL ALBUM and not the digital version*

and... I'll admit it - I used to be a bit of a Duran Duran fan. Although - I only ever really liked their first album, those excellent "Night Versions", a few tracks here & there, and Medazzaland. I never got around to really listening to their last two... or three albums (I skimmed through them once, and thought they sounded too... "poppy" and kinda "dated")

If this new album has more of an emphasis on their older stuff though... I'll give it a chance.

I can't stand "Notorious"

*like how Massive Attack's "Heligoland" had a ton of bonus tracks - all of which were only through the iTunes store
Old 12-16-2010, 05:56 AM
joethelion

so - there's a free download of the new single "All You Need is Now" on iTunes...

I've only listened to it once so far, but I think I like it - or at least, I like the first minute or so.

It feels like two (or three) different songs meshed together to make one final piece.

I really dig the drums on the intro, but then when the 'older sounding DD' synths come in, it gets a bit too meh for me
Old 12-16-2010, 07:06 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

The whole album is pretty good. The first single is the worst song on it.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Threnody
Dirtymom

I'm probably more excited to hear remixes, but even John Taylor doesn't know when they'll be out.

"The man who stole a leopard" is probably the best song they've done in years though.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:53 AM
joethelion

yea...

wonder why there still isn't a firm release date on the physical album
and what happened to "a video for each song"

...and a proper single???

(I'd even say - a digital single could count as a proper one... I just mean something with remixes and bsides)