Dirty Forums > static.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Leon
bungalow

Re: Introduce Yourselves
Quote:
Originally Posted by aux View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Metha, and I'm from Hilversum, The Netherlands.
27 Yrs old, and after years of living the lazy student's life, finally graduated. Oh, and I've got one of the greatest jobs I can imagine: doing a radioshow! So, sharing UW with the rest of the world, occasionally.

I probably won't post very frequently, as I don't have an internet connection at home. Just so you know.
Sounds cool, what radio station?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:17 AM
aux
river

Kink FM
Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aux View Post
Cool I remember listening to Kink FM and enjoying it. To be honest, I hardly listen to any radio nowadays, because I just like to make a music playlist myself and I hate commerical breaks. But I'm gonna listen to Kink FM online now.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Sappys Curry
mouseman

Hello. I'm 25 and from the US. I'm a big Underworld fan. I got into the group back in the first couple of months of 2000. I found a remix of Jumbo on some 'techno' compilation disc. I loved the song, and eventually wanted to buy to buy the album with the original Jumbo on it. So I bought the CD for Beaucoup Fish. Amusingly, now in retrospect, I preferred the remix of Jumbo over the original, real Jumbo; but only at first. But I delved into that album. I really liked it and gave it a lot of play time. Over repeated listens, I started to like it a lot. I started learning the ins and outs of the album, and soon I was an Underworld fan. I liked the group, so once I became a fan, I decided to try out their other albums. I didn't know about the 1980s albums then, so I had Dubnobass, STITI, and the Pearl's Girl EP to choose from.

I bought Dunobass first. I like Beaucoup Fish. I like it a lot. But I love Dubnobass. As was the case with Beaucoup Fish, it took some time before I could really appreciate this album. I love this album. Next I checked out the Pearl's Girl EP, which I liked because there are some great tracks on it. Then I got STITI. I didn't think I'd find another Underworld album that'd be as great as Dubnobass. But wouldn't you know it, STITI blew me away, too. And I love that album, as well. Once I came to love both Dubnobass and STITI, I came to view myself as a huge Underworld fan. I love this music group, and they (along with U2) are my favorite music artist/s (they stand 'side by side' in my book. ).

Once I became a big fan of UW, I've been following them ever since. I have their two latest albums, the River Run downloads, and more songs, EPs, and singles from them. I have a good bulk of their electronica material and I want to keep acquiring more of their electronica material. Unfortunately, I have yet to buy their 1980's albums as either UW or Freur. Also, I have not been to a concert of theirs before, but I hope to see them the next time they tour the US. Despite this, I still consider myself a big UW fan, as I love this group, I love their music, and they are one of those artists that have made an impact on my life.

Whew! I typed quite a bit. I guess it is just good to share my enthusiasm for the group with fans that can understand where I am coming from.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:47 AM
Wubwubwubwub

Hi, I'm adam.

I'm 46, male and have four kids. I first got into underworld when they released that song about radars (when they made real music). Since then their albums have been more disappointing than the last.

I bought their last disc, whatever it was called, and on my first listen I wanted to vomit in terror.

I also think that underworld made a huge mistake when they dropped that young guy from the band, derrick or whatever. He carried them.

Also, when they played the radar song they played instruments, but now all they do is just play buttons on a machine which is easy anyone could do it. I'm basically doing the same thing writing this post, basically.

Also, i saw them at a concert a few years ago and they had a laser. It was weird to see two old men trying to be ravers. (I also wanted to vomit a little bit at the concert and it was shit because they didn't play radars).

ANyway got to go now I have a greek salad to eat.

Last edited by Wubwubwubwub; 10-28-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:17 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubwubwubwub View Post
Hi, I'm adam.

I'm 46, male and have four kids. I first got into underworld when they released that song about radars (when they made real music). Since then their albums have been more disappointing than the last.

I bought their last disc, whatever it was called, and on my first listen I wanted to vomit in terror.

I also think that underworld made a huge mistake when they dropped that young guy from the band, derrick or whatever. He carried them.

Also, when they played the radar song they played instruments, but now all they do is just play buttons on a machine which is easy anyone could do it. I'm basically doing the same thing writing this post, basically.

Also, i saw them at a concert a few years ago and they had a laser. It was weird to see two old men trying to be ravers. (I also wanted to vomit a little bit at the concert and it was shit because they didn't play radars).

ANyway got to go now I have a greek salad to eat.
I think you are either Rick or Karl and you're just bitchy.

STFU and drink your tea.

J/K.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:48 AM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOHN rODRIGUEZ View Post
STFU and drink your tea.
LOL!!! That just set the tone for my day. Thanks mate!

Last edited by ultradave; 11-03-2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: added laughter to my post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:05 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Welcome to Dirty, Daria

Lots of UW fans in Holland so you should feel right at home.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubwubwubwub View Post
Hi, I'm adam.

I'm 46, male and have four kids. I first got into underworld when they released that song about radars (when they made real music).
you fuckin twat!.........you cannot possibly be real! are you a TROLL

whoever you are you make me laugh

are you related to that chelskiforlife bloke??????
Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Wubwubwubwub

hi gingerorb do you have a boyfriend because i am available if you dont. i like girls so we would be a perfect matc.

your name is gingerorb does that mean you have red hair beacuse if it is i will eb your boyfriend straight away without my usual waiting period (and you dont have to send me pics of yourself like normal) because red heads go off in the sac,

so plese email me as soon as you read this so we can organis a meeting for som good times (underneat the radar at sunset while we make love on a whale pattern beach towel in chekoslovakia... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerorb View Post
Hi, I am daria.
31, female, originally russian (moscow), now work and live in utrecht, netherlands.

Use to be a DM fun, took a notice of UW right after I heard Barrel Of A Gun (Underworld Soft Mix). Year 1997 I reckon.

Main stream hobby - snowboarding (freeride). Several years ago noticed that I can do freeride only with UW in my ears.

First time saw UW in Rotterdam on 29th of jan, 2008. The gig kicked me out from two year depression (which was caused by a move from big wild russian terrain to small civilized crowded country of netherlands ))).
Got hopelessly wasted since then.

Have been to the festival in Arras and I love techno in Gent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rog
stuff
shut up you post stupid things and trhis place is a serious discussion about underwrold.