Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:05 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Re: Underworld Recordings
Here's the link to my Google drive folder https://drive.google.com/folderview?...5By1vMSTi4BaAX
If you get the Switzerland show please will you share it with me!
Enjoy
Old 06-01-2018, 09:23 AM
proedros
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNoise View Post
Here is Glasto 98:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=119...JHHkt-t8zkQtjy

I also have Organic, Quart, and Sound City 94 on CDs burned from FLAC in my car, need incentive to rip those back to FLAC for you though. Someone can probably beat me to the punch with the originals anyway.

thank you , i downloaded it and seeding to another RTSR member already

i downloaded quart and organic from another member and also seeding organic (quart files don't match exactly so can not seed it)

hopefully someone will upload the 94 sound city and i can seed to other people in the tracker (i already have a 1.1 ratio but being a member at what/apollo/redacted/dime i always seed as much as i can)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
Here's the link to my Google drive folder https://drive.google.com/folderview?...5By1vMSTi4BaAX
Enjoy

thank you so much , i downloaded these 3 1996 shows (organic/quart/soundcity) and seeding alredy the organic/soundcity shows to RTSR members (there were other people like me waiting to get them so least i can do)

now i just need these 2 shows and i am good (and will seed them ofc, it goes without saying)

1994-04-08 Sound City 94, The Tramway - Glasgow, Scotland (FLAC)
https://tracker.rtsr.org/torrents-details.php?id=110

1996-08-24 Alpes Festival - Leysin, Switzerland (FLAC)
https://tracker.rtsr.org/torrents-details.php?id=114

cheers
Old 06-01-2018, 09:39 AM
proedros
river

ps : i am also seeding this one , no seeders so hopefully i help out some fellow UW members

1996-08-25 Reading Festival - Reading, England (FLAC)
https://tracker.rtsr.org/torrents-details.php?id=11

atm , i am seeding 4 different shows to people on the tracker

again thanx to those few who found the time and energy to help - much appreciated you guys as i am sure you too have lives outside this place

cheers
Old 06-02-2018, 05:51 AM
proedros
river

Quote:
Enjoy
hey thanx for these shows , i need one more show if possible

(i am already seeding all shows i got from you via GD)

can you GDrive this one ?

1994-04-08 Sound City 94, The Tramway - Glasgow, Scotland (FLAC)
https://tracker.rtsr.org/torrents-details.php?id=110
Old 06-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Done as requested! It's in the same folder as the link above.
Always happy to share this gig as it was the first time I ever heard Underworld and it is still my favourite gig of theirs!

Last edited by Billy Goat; 06-02-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:25 PM
proedros
river

Quote:
Done as requested! It's in the same folder as the link above.
Always happy to share this gig as it was the first time I ever heard Underworld and it is still my favourite gig of theirs!
thank you once again , i am already on it while seeding the other shows (ratio has reached 1.95 and climbing )

Best ,

Proedros
Old 06-05-2018, 03:43 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Are you sending messages via this board or sending messages via the tracker? the latter isnt that great. The former works if they have chosen the same name there as here, which we do ask you to do upon registration. As for stuff not being seeded anymore the answer is that it WAS, when TheBang had a seedbox set up. Its quite some work to seed everything and real life often gets in the way. Yes we are niche. We also had fake accounts trying to get access to the tracker and implemented some security checks.

The original FTP btw, was run by John Morrissey for many years and used the old RTSR Yahoo group login details as authentication. There are still some things that havent been put on the tracker from this.

As for Mega, its better than using SendSpace (please dont use these places that have expiring links or make you wait to download or restrict when and what you can download). The Orb facebook group successfully uses a couple of Mega shares but it relies on the honesty of the users not to destroy the whole thing and a few key users to manage it. It is a closed facebook group but has thousands of members and its very active.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:22 AM
proedros
river

i had a member with a 0.03 ratio who tried to convince me that he has helped in other ways

find it hard to believe that when you have donwloaded 70 GBs and can not find the time to seed back a bit

anyway , i am now at 2.5 ratio , will probably seed until i reach a 5.00 ratio but we need people who download to stay and seed

or maybe they are also 'giving back' by seeding close to 0.01
Old 06-06-2018, 12:34 PM
mark3
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post
i had a member with a 0.03 ratio who tried to convince me that he has helped in other ways
That's me - yes, 0.03 is really bad, but there are reasons like some of the other members have mentioned already. I have a crap connection. It's supposed to be 20/1 Mbit, but in fact it is less than that - it's more like 14/0.6 Mbit. Some of the gigs I've downloaded twice, since I had some gigs on a pc that died.
Also, to get a higher ratio there must be someone demanding those particular gigs at the time you're online. I always turn off my pc when I go to sleep. And I keep most of the gigs (and all other Underworld material) on an external HD. I guess I just don't fit into the 'tracker segment'
I never really found out how to set up a tracker. TheBang, jetpig and others on these boards have helped me setting up the tracker. I did supply the John Peel promo cd and also an old Hamburg gig, which TheBang and jetpig put on the tracker. That's what I mean with 'helping in other ways' - sharing rare stuff, etc. But in your world, ratio is all that matters. And that's cool, I really appreciate that people are making the shows available / downloadable through the tracker.
Quote:
find it hard to believe that when you have donwloaded 70 GBs and can not find the time to seed back a bit
The right time to seed back is when there is demand / requests - but I rarely check the tracker, sorry.
Quote:
anyway , i am now at 2.5 ratio , will probably seed until i reach a 5.00 ratio but we need people who download to stay and seed
Yeah, keep us updated on your ratio ... nice, smug attitude
Quote:
or maybe they are also 'giving back' by seeding close to 0.01
Or through other channels or in other ways. Who knows? You don't, obviously
Old 06-06-2018, 01:42 PM
iamneorev
pants

I'm one of those folks who prefer upload hosts over torrenting. Just easier.