Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > interupt.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Re: Bought a 360!
have you ever played team fortress 2? it's part of the orange box. it's pretty awesome.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:03 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

I'm really not into online multiplayer games so TF2 and games like that hold little interest to me.
I just finished playing the campaign of Halo: Reach which was pretty epic

Now blasting my way through Gears of War 2 (fun!). After that I still have a bunch of games I haven't finished yet.

Oh yeah I also bought a Super Nintendo and played trough Super Mario World for the first time in 15 years or so again
Old 03-30-2012, 03:32 AM
Jafs
Tells

If someone wants to make a Fifa sometimes, it's Jafs303
Old 01-05-2013, 03:18 PM
bas_I_am
vision

So I finally bought an xbox 360 ... my xmas gift to myself.

I purchased Assasins Creed III, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (the salesman suggested I get that instead of Halo 4 to determine if I liked it or not). And I downloaded Skyrim, Portal 2 and the first Walking Dead (it was free last week)

I played AC, Skyrim, CoD, Halo, Skyrim all for about an hour each. I found none of them engaging. As a matter of fact, they were all downright boring.

The action in them seemed non deterministic at best... I don't know how better to explain it. But for example, in an AC fist fight sequence, I couldn't get a feel for what was a good swing or not. It was just press..press..press... oh that worked... and then press..press..press... oh that didn't. The same thing with the gunplay in CoD and halo.

Portal 2 felt like I was playing an updated Myst.

Walking Dead??? How the fuck did this make "Game of the Year" ???? I saw an online review that said, "just watch a walkthrough on YouTube and you will enjoy it." The guy is so right.

I should have just waited for the sequel to Mario Galaxy and the next Zelda and bought a Wii-U.

So, am I unsophisticated, simply old, or both?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:11 PM
gcoleman99
flows like a river

Send a message via Yahoo to gcoleman99
Old? The only game I play on 360 (oh, who am I kidding... the only game I play on ANY system) is Fallout 3. I think we're BOTH old.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:32 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Some other older (cheaper) games you might wanna look into:

Bioshock: First Person Shooter. The gameplay is decent, but the story and atmosphere are what to play for.
Fable series: RPG with some solid humor and narrative.
Knights of the Old Republic: Star Wars Bioware turn based RPG where you can go either light side or dark side with a different ending for either.
Forza: Realistic racing series (except horizon)
Borderlands: A cross between a loot gathering RPG and a First Person Shooter with a healthy dose of silly.

Since you've already spent money on the 360, I can't really recommend a PC setup, but if money's not an issue or you already have a PC that can game, you should check out the steam distribution system over at steampowered.com. There's TONS of games, from AAA huge names (Civilization, Team Fortress 2, Grand Theft Auto) to the smaller bizzare unknown games like symphony (A sweet game where a demon comes and steals the soul of your music!), magicka, and gotham city imposters (You fight in the daylight of gotham city with all the other superhero/supervillain imposters).

I personally am all for portal 2 (and all other valve games) It's got a few more features on the PC like a map editor and a place to download others maps and there isn't another game like it except Portal 1, which is a simple 3 hour masterpiece of atmosphere and story.