Old 09-11-2007, 09:16 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Underworld @ Red Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray
oops - trying so hard to make friday in central park arrive I moved
it all up a day -
i had a buddy of mine send me a txt msg last Thursday asking about, "tomorrow!!" I had to break the bad news that we still had a week left.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 PM
idoru
mouseman

Who was the dirt heading out of Seattle this morning at 7:45? We shared a plane, I accidentally bumped into your foot with my suitcase when I showed up to the gate, and said sorry. Didn't notice the "OWB" shirt until you passed me on the plane.
________
Vermont Medical Marijuana

Last edited by idoru; 03-09-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:31 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoru
Who was the dirt heading out of Seattle this morning at 7:45? We shared a plane, I accidentally bumped into your foot with my suitcase when I showed up to the gate, and said sorry. Didn't notice the "OWB" shirt until you passed me on the plane.
That would most likely be BrotherLovesDub. Lucky guys! Have a great gig tonight!
Old 09-11-2007, 01:34 PM
lloyd
bungalow

Keep an eye at http://uwlive.groups.vox.com again, BrotherLovesDub will try to update the setlist + pictures while it happens .
And also this site http://www.dustincamilleri.com/
Have fun there!

Last edited by lloyd; 09-11-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:08 PM
dc_04
mouseman

thanks for the advertising, lloyd!

we need to meet up at some point!

- dc
Old 09-11-2007, 09:38 PM
energetik
river

was simply amazing. they totally made up for changing venues ... told everyone at the show that bought a ticket they would get a free copy of the latest CD mailed to us on the date of release, and then played splendidly for 2.5hrs.

Amazing sound, amazing songs, amazing night. Even if it wasn't at Red Rocks .. I was 10 feet from them all night long. Simply amazing.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:57 PM
energetik
river

I would like to post two responses that I received from not only the promoters of the event, but the managers of Underworld in response to the open letter I posted, along with my reply.

I think it is important to see how much effort they put into satisfying the customer (and this excludes the free CD that Underworld themselves offered up!)

From P.L. @ LiveNation (Concert Producers)
Quote:
I have received your correspondence from Chaotica regarding the change in venue for the upcoming Underworld show in Denver. First and foremost, please accept my sincere and heartfelt apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment this has caused you. Our top priority is to always deliver a first-class concert experience to you, our patrons. As a company, we take very seriously our responsibility to give both the artists and the fans nothing less than the best.

Live Nation is privileged to book shows at this one-of-a-kind amphitheatre and truly understand what a magical and unique venue it is. At the same time, being both a huge fan of Underworld and having attended countless shows as both producer and patron, A tough decision had to be made in order to preserve the integrity of an event such as an Underworld show.

The decision to move the show away from Red Rocks was extremely difficult for all parties. After much deliberation all parties agreed that seeing Underworld in any venue without the energy, the crowd-noise and the excitement is simply not the Underworld experience. Moving the show to The Fillmore would allow the band to bring the most electrifying show possible with a full-house of fans going absolutely nuts. At the end of the day, fulfilling this promise is the ultimate goal of Underworld and of Live Nation.

As concert promoters as well as fans (I was involved in promoting the DEMF in Detroit the first 2 years and the Delta Heavy Tour with Sasha and Digweed and S_____ K____ the Denver Marketing VP worked at Asterlwerks for years), we are firmly committed to promoting unique and diverse events. I would truly appreciate the chance to speak further. It is my goal to keep you excited about the show and confident in Live NationĀ¹s ability to deliver a quality experience.

Again, on behalf of myself, S_____ K_____, and the Denver office our deepest apologies for this unfortunate situation. I booked this show as a promoter and a fan with every intention of it being a special event for everyone. I do hope to get the opportunity to be your gracious hosts on Tuesday at the Fillmore and would love to make your experience there memorable, if your inclined please ask for me when you arrive. Despite all the disappointment, one thing I know for sure is that Underworld will blow the roof off the place and I want you to be there.

My Sincere Apology,

P____ L_____-
President
Live Nation/Rocky Mountain Region
From Chaotica (Underworld Booking Agents)
Quote:
Dear Drew,

When you get to the venue tonight, please ask for P_____ L_______ at the box office, he will have VIP passes for you and will ensure you are well taken care of.

I hope that, despite your disappointment over the change of venue, you enjoy the show.

Best wishes,
C______ T_____
and finally my response:
Quote:
[COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]The effort that you all have showed towards making me a happy fan is truly amazing. I will spread the word that you all are doing everything possible to ensure the best experience for your customers. You have shown me the professionalism and customer service that is almost impossible to find in this day and age.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]That being said, I just checked my e-mail and received the messages from both of you. Although I commend you on your wonderful response, I got it a little late. Nevertheless, I had one of the most amazing times of my life and was able to share it with my friend. We arrived 1.5 hrs early, stood in line, and got straight to the front, where we stayed all night. When Karl took the stage and announced the free cd of their latest release, that was the perfect start to the night. All night long I was no more than 8 ft. from the stage. It was one of the most remarkable concert experience I have had to date. [/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]That being said, I wish to apologize for my hasty response, to the venue change. I know it was a difficult decision, but both of your companies going above and beyond for me has really made me have faith in you all. Thank you for everything, and thank you for making this show possible. It was well worth the trip. [/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy](also posted @ http://www.darktrain.org/dirty/forum...ad.php?p=78307) [/COLOR][/COLOR]
Old 09-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Cranks
river

Wow, really cool show. Yeah Karl said we'd all be getting a free copy of OwB due to the fiasco of moving the show from Red Rocks.

Not exactly sure of the exact setlist, but basically this was it:

Dirty Epic
Crocodile
Dark Train
Beautiful Burnout
Rez/Cowgirl
New song? (Karl on guitar)
Can You Feel this Bass
Two Months Off
Spikee
Born slippy
King of Snake
Pearls Girl
Moaner

Encore: Jumbo

Somone else might be more accurate, I don't think I missed any though. It's late, I'm tired. But the show rocked, the crowd loved Rez/Cowgirl (as expected).
[IMG]images/buttons/edit.gif[/IMG]

Last edited by Cranks; 09-12-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:24 PM
energetik
river

My photos are up:

Click here to check em out.