Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:08 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: Coming Out Of Texas (desert demo’s & workings)
Wonderful. Echoing request for a Flac or Wav download link. Paid or not.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:22 AM
richardacre
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
Jesus, all this amazing material they could easily release and we would pay for it. Stop with the Mixcloud links and give us some downloads!
Dunno about that, what with the amount they've tried to get us to fork over for all them re-releases and I Am Dog Boy, rewarding us with a few freebies seems like a nice balance!
Old 12-28-2018, 06:32 AM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardacre View Post
Dunno about that, what with the amount they've tried to get us to fork over for all them re-releases and I Am Dog Boy, rewarding us with a few freebies seems like a nice balance!
Those reissues were well worth the price for the amount of material you received and the packaging/book. I've seen rereleases with a lot less charging a lot more than what Underworld were charging.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:24 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Personally, I'm cool and grateful for whatever freebies Underworld send our way. Yeah, download links would be nice, but since the Misterons Mix, 1998 Rehearsal and Coming out of Texas are not meant as commercial or finished products, I don't expect to pay or get a lossless format file to download.

Free, unreleased stuff like this hearkens back to older days of dogboyheadset and underworldlive.com. Great glimpses of work in progress, often at 128 kbs MP3! Much like the old days of the FTP... Download slowly and burn to CD! Or, the occasional lemonworld radio shows that'd be ripped from streams, low bitrate and glitches, all! That's how we used to get and consume this stuff. I guess it makes sense to expect the best quality available now, but personally, I'm just happy to hear these at all! (End old man rant)

I agree that the reissue box sets have been well worth the price. Bonus discs have been mostly amazing!
Old 12-28-2018, 06:02 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Just in case any decision-makers are watching, I want to go on record saying I'd be happy for a Hundred Days off re-release in the mode of the others. Vastly underrated era of Underworld's career.

Question for the group: Where would the Riverrun stuff go? Bonus discs for AHDO or OWB?
Old 12-28-2018, 09:10 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

IMO, Riverrun should be a separate boxset, 1 disc for each release with mixed and unmixed versions on each disc. That would be about 70 minutes of music each, so it would fit perfectly on a disc each. 4th disc should be a new Riverrun release made up of a number of unreleased tracks from that era.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:06 PM
Cadevil
exilio

There were also MANY remixes of the riverrun songs that could be released on an extra disc. Many of these only made official releases in vinyl.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:02 PM
purlieu
enofa

If a Riverrun set does come along, I'd imagine it'd be just the three full tracks (+ maybe Misterons Mix) on the first two discs, then the remixes on discs three and four.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:32 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Been listening to this on repeat. Just wish Mixcloud was better quality.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:17 PM
Drix
Re-Member

I love this, and have listened to it a lot over the past week, but yes Mixcloud is worse sound quality than I thought. I have tried several rip sites, and the best I have managed to get out of this is a 59kbs AAC. That's the worst encoded file I have in my whole library..