Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-15-2019, 04:35 AM
purlieu
enofa

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Actually, the bonus tracks don't have printed lyrics, so there's still something to work on there.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:30 AM
atticinsane
river

Just got my signed box set. It's awesome. Loving the booklet. Only fly in the ointment is that The Sound Of Vinyl download redeption code doesn't work. Does anyone know what exactly is in the download?
Old 11-15-2019, 06:30 AM
purlieu
enofa

Edit: just got this reply from the Sound of Vinyl people...

Hi - thank you for contacting us.

I am very sorry but there has been a delay in us obtaining the audio for this title from the record label. We hope to receive it in the next few days. You will be able to validate a unique code and download the album once it becomes available.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the wait.

Kind regards
Support
Old 11-15-2019, 06:33 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Check your downloads in My Account in the Underworld store. If you ordered the vinyl, you should now have a download link for the PDF book. Also, if you qualify for a download of the Sampler, there should now be download links for the 24-bit WAV version if you didn’t get that before.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:07 AM
purlieu
enofa

Just popped it on the shelf, the box is larger than the deluxe ones. About a centimetre taller and a few millimetres wider.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:09 AM
funkboy3
Just this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
I also cancelled the full DRIFT Series 1 that I preordered on iTunes as I was unable to download the new versions of all the tracks I had already bought as singles on iTunes as they were showing as already purchased even though they are different tracks and I had paid the full price!!
Oh, weird, I hadn't noticed this before... But yeah, same for me; any of the ones I'd previously purchased as singles are "missing" from the Series 1 "album" in my downloads. (I also just noticed the same thing happened with the DJ Shadow album that just dropped today.)

I assume there _must_ be a way to convince iTunes to download the box-set versions, but I'm not feeling like fighting with it right now.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:52 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy3 View Post
Oh, weird, I hadn't noticed this before... But yeah, same for me; any of the ones I'd previously purchased as singles are "missing" from the Series 1 "album" in my downloads. (I also just noticed the same thing happened with the DJ Shadow album that just dropped today.)

I assume there _must_ be a way to convince iTunes to download the box-set versions, but I'm not feeling like fighting with it right now.
I believe that if you excise all the existing (conflicting) Drift tracks from your iTunes library (but keep the files or retrieve them from the Trash), then you should be able to download Series 1 in full. And then add back in the files that you purged earlier.

Alternatively, you could download Series 1 in full on a new iTunes library, either on a new computer, in a new VM, or new library instance. Then, copy the files, and import them into your main iTunes Library.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:55 PM
Cadevil
exilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
That's really bizarre. Like or dislike the dog, it's the cover. Why remove it for the main physical release?
We are dogless...
Old 11-15-2019, 04:47 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
I believe that if you excise all the existing (conflicting) Drift tracks from your iTunes library (but keep the files or retrieve them from the Trash), then you should be able to download Series 1 in full. And then add back in the files that you purged earlier.

Alternatively, you could download Series 1 in full on a new iTunes library, either on a new computer, in a new VM, or new library instance. Then, copy the files, and import them into your main iTunes Library.
I deleted all my drift files and they still showed as "purchased" in the iTunes store and I couldn't redownload them. It's weird though because they are different tracks as the full drift series 1 tracks are mastered differently from the eps as they are all quieter than the ep versions. I logged into my wife's iTunes account and bought and downloaded the tracks and copied them in to my library but then felt a bit cheated that for about 8 tracks I'd effectively paid for them 3 times (including the mixed versions on the sampler) so decided to get my money refunded, although for some they gave me credit notes!
Old 11-15-2019, 06:03 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Man, there is a lot to take in in the book. I haven't read the whole conversation yet, but I've been poring over the production notes.

A few things I noticed, that people were asking about. Esme does not appear on any of the DRIFT tracks. Mika Hyde (Karl's youngest daughter) makes her UW debut, with backing vocals on Another Silent Way and Dune (she was not previously credited when these were released earlier).

There are Start dates attached to the production notes of each track. If they're to be believed, the majority of the tracks were begun in 2017 and 2018.