Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:31 AM
mickstafa
river

Re: Second Toughest In The Infants Deluxe/Super Deluxe 2015
So for the super deluxe and a shirt, it's over $50 to ship to US. That's insane. I'm a massive UW fan, but I'm going to wait until it hits Amazon I think. Their merchandise vendor really is gouging the shipping.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

I was just listening to Lowlands Festival 26/8/1995 and I wonder if the different "She said" lyrics between 2mins and 4mins in Born Slippy are what is going to be on the new Confusion the Waitress (She Said) track on disc 3.
Have to say, and although I might be the only one, I love the new colourful versions of the artwork and can't wait for the NUXX evolution disc as I have always preferred the Glasgow Sound City 94 version (I never get tired of that siren and I don't know why they didn't put it on the outro of the studio version) so I hope one of the versions on disc 4 is the same!

Last edited by Billy Goat; 09-18-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:53 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

i'll be grabbing this from iTunes I think. I have the Dubno super-deluxe box and its just hiding out in a closet. The $50 shipping seals the deal.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:28 PM
kagenaki koe
children are futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagenaki koe View Post
Sooo, the only shirt size options are S and XS. no love for big fatties like me?
whew, checked again and all the sizes are available.

Pre-ordered the 4cd + shirt bundle and the vinyl, shipping came out to about $60 (while still expensive, it's not much more than just the super deluxe + shirt WITHOUT the vinyl)

Compared to last year, I ordered a similar set, while this is more expensive you do get a shirt (and 1 less cd) so it's not too bad

I don't plan on buying all the remasters of UW's albums and there were less UW b-sides/remixes released after the first two albums anyway so my pocket should be safe for the next few years
Old 09-18-2015, 02:37 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Maybe i have badly mastered discs, but the two STITI CDs i have always need to be played with the volume WAY UP. Like, the opposite of the brickwall eq of latter years.
nope, they're all like that, non remaster dubno, too.

The shirt is about the only thing that's gonna keep me on uwlive as opposed to amazon, I think.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:16 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

hmm... that does seem high for shipping (mmmaybe I'll wait for it to go on Amazon)

but I do really like that shirt - then again... how often am I really going to wear a graphic tee? Also, my UW 'dogboy' shirt shrunk really weirdly (especially the arms), and it looks like it's the same brand of shirt (judging by the collar)
Old 09-19-2015, 04:24 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
I'm much more excited for the unreleased/works in progress tracks than for the disc full of NUXX. Yeah, it's their signature tune. But how much can you dig into the live evolution? (This from a guy who did a NUXX megamix and has a lot of bootlegs). Maybe I'll be surprised. I remember buying a Moby Best Of with a full disc of "Move" remixes... As nd hey, they were all pretty different and unique.

I love UW, all phases and output, I do. But Beacoup Fish has always been my favorite era. Looking forward to hearing that set most.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:35 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyAdv View Post
It says in details: "The increased retail price charged here as compared to dubnobasswithmyheadman is a result of additional paper and packaging costs incurred by our label partner, Universal Music in achieving our design spec."
Prices leaked on the 11th were:
Super Deluxe & album artwork T-Shirt – £70.00
Deluxe 2CD & album artwork T-Shirt – £35.00
Vinyl & album artwork T-Shirt – £40.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontakt1968 View Post
Great news, wonder if there will be a RHF type gig /or mini tour.
Would be in favour of that, just not at the RHF. The sound was bloody awful at the back.

Postage costs are insulting. Can almost fly to the UK to pick it up instead. That on top of the increased price from the Dubno set, and the extra fiver since the leak. I'm not a NUXX fan at all so a whole CD of NUXX is a bit much.

Mustn't grumble though. New stuff et al.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:30 PM
happiness stan
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Postage costs are insulting.
Have gone from definitely buying the Super Deluxe to making do with the iTunes downloads.
As much as I love the album, can't justify that cost.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:06 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
hmm... that does seem high for shipping (mmmaybe I'll wait for it to go on Amazon)

but I do really like that shirt - then again... how often am I really going to wear a graphic tee? Also, my UW 'dogboy' shirt shrunk really weirdly (especially the arms), and it looks like it's the same brand of shirt (judging by the collar)

My UW Britxon shirt shrunk in a weird way too. Its a shame because that was absolutely my favorite UW shirt.