Old 11-20-2020, 02:26 AM
Dirty Saint
mouseman

Drop #2 - Rez Limited Drop
https://store.underworldlive.com/col...erm=2020-11-20

Get in there quick

-----------------

*REZ Limited Drop* 5 Days Only

Rez has always been an irresistible call.

On the night it was recorded that call emanated from ether, willing itself to be intercepted in a bedroom studio in a terrace house in Romford to be set to rhythm that seemed to rise from the earth to meet it. It was a simple connection to a natural phenomenon, like capturing errant sine waves in a butterfly net. Its magic had disappeared by the following morning. One take only. More than enough.

When pressed onto pink vinyl, Rez’s song was a Pied Piper’s whistle, the sound you followed if you heard it rising from the dance floor. It was like an addiction, an itch to scratch, a rabbit hole to race down. It offered an introduction to a new world, throwing open a trap door shining with bright luminescence.

Rez is both music as maths and art touched by stardust. More than anything, Rez set the stall and led us all to here, to now, all the while pointing the way to tomorrow. Just ask the people. It’s “as close to Heaven as you can get”, because “life is all about vibrations”. Always reminiscent “of birdsong”, deeply “soul cleansing”. “Please play it at my funeral” they ask years and years later. Its journey continues.

Orders from this collection will dispatch 4th December 2020.

Last edited by TheBang; 11-20-2020 at 03:00 AM. Reason: promo text
Old 11-20-2020, 07:10 AM
negative1

Re: Drop #2 - Rez Limited Drop
No thanks.

I want a fuzzy hat from Trainspotting, born slippy.

later
Old 11-20-2020, 04:57 PM
Dirty Saint
mouseman

£7 postage for the hoodie in the UK
Old 11-20-2020, 11:03 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Feels a bit weird getting any of this as “Rez” is a very specific term among Native populations here and one does not want to be confusing, insensitive, and oblivious all in one.
Plus it doesn’t look particularly good. A vinyl repress would’ve made some sense.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:57 AM
Nuxx79
mouseman

Doesn’t mean that in English though, does it?

I’m not going to get anything as I wear adult clothes where possible, but why is everyone moaning?

Cheer up lads.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:06 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuxx79 View Post
Doesn’t mean that in English though, does it?
It does, actually. Here in the States, "rez" is well known slang for "reservation," and is used derogatively by the extremely and systematically marginalized Native American population. Certainly there's a chance someone could observe the t-shirt and take good faith offense.

That said, the word has obviously been kicking around for quite some time in Underworld fandom, and I personally don't object in principal to any of the merch. Taking Dubman's point, though, I'd probably think twice about a t-shirt if one lives in the US; but one knows one's respective community best, of course.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:35 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

i got the blue tshirt. really like it.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:22 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
It does, actually. Here in the States, "rez" is well known slang for "reservation," and is used derogatively by the extremely and systematically marginalized Native American population. Certainly there's a chance someone could observe the t-shirt and take good faith offense.

That said, the word has obviously been kicking around for quite some time in Underworld fandom, and I personally don't object in principal to any of the merch. Taking Dubman's point, though, I'd probably think twice about a t-shirt if one lives in the US; but one knows one's respective community best, of course.
I live in the US and never once thought the title Rez would be mistaken for a derogatory term. And I lived just 10 minutes from a Native American reservation. I am highly doubtful someone will take offense and wouldn't worry.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:47 PM
StrangeLastName
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
Feels a bit weird getting any of this as “Rez” is a very specific term among Native populations here and one does not want to be confusing, insensitive, and oblivious all in one.
Plus it doesn’t look particularly good. A vinyl repress would’ve made some sense.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Being from Canada, with clients who are indigenous and are actively trying to improve the conditions on "The Rez" it's hard not to think of that when it's the only word on the shirt. Didn't know it was as common here in the US.

Granted, 99.5% of people won't make that association. But the "UW 1993 REZ" ones kind of avoid that issue..
Old 11-27-2020, 09:44 AM
stimpee
Administrator

I just dont think that there was ever any Rez art for the release so its a bit lacking.