Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:36 AM
bazwint
mouseman

Re: hard haunted mansion
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrain View Post
I don't think the Coachella lineup is officially released until January.
That's correct. 2003 was the last time. They're due. Please let it be true!!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:56 AM
starfox203
mouseman

Oh, and $65 for a ticket to this?

Plus, after a teenage raver died in LA a few months ago, this think will be swarming with cops and security.

No, thanks.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

a small breath of hope - a close source recently mentioned that contracts are being negotiated with an additional event/promoter for the same weekend. keep those fingers crossed!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:16 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazwint View Post
That's correct. 2003 was the last time. They're due. Please let it be true!!
Theyre also rumoured to play Glastonbury every year but havent played since 1999.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Jon Paul
river

There's been some rank (as in smelling) journalism on the part of the LA Times who didn't write much about the HARD fiasco last summer but have pumped article after article on how great their 2010 summer show was going to be. They tied Gary Richard's efforts into a "rebirth" of the "cool rave scene" in L.A.... which for anyone who lives here or saw the catastrophe last August is a big effin joke.

I love the band, I love the music, and live Underworld has probably been among the more spiritual experiences I've ever had in a concert setting... but frankly I'm going to sit down after trick-or-treating with my 2yr old step-daughter and just listen to the new album... instead of wading through the mess at the Shrine. It's a poor decision to play that particular event. I recognize how we never get to see the band, but this attitude of "Well shucks, we GOTTA go," is the kind of attitude that rewards Richards. Well, that and the L.A. parents who are blindly oblivious to what their 16-18 yr old daughters are wearing out. Aside from missing Organic Festival in 1996, I've seen them Every time they come to the area... but I'm putting my foot down here. Not worth that kind of money to support a bad business. Sorry guys.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

wasn't this the gig last year where they oversold the venue and the police raided the place for violating fire code? i live in GA so i won't be going anyway, but it sounds like a bunch of jackasses.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Paul View Post
I recognize how we never get to see the band, but this attitude of "Well shucks, we GOTTA go," is the kind of attitude that rewards Richards. Well, that and the L.A. parents who are blindly oblivious to what their 16-18 yr old daughters are wearing out. Aside from missing Organic Festival in 1996, I've seen them Every time they come to the area... but I'm putting my foot down here. Not worth that kind of money to support a bad business. Sorry guys.
Short of Lush reuniting, Underworld is the ONLY group I would cave in to seeing amid the terribleness that is the HARD crowd.
I GOTTA go
(unless of course there's a one-off gig close by as an alternate choice)
Old 08-18-2010, 03:11 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Paul View Post
I recognize how we never get to see the band, but this attitude of "Well shucks, we GOTTA go," is the kind of attitude that rewards Richards. Well, that and the L.A. parents who are blindly oblivious to what their 16-18 yr old daughters are wearing out. Aside from missing Organic Festival in 1996, I've seen them Every time they come to the area... but I'm putting my foot down here. Not worth that kind of money to support a bad business. Sorry guys.
I fully support this and wish I had the strength of will to join your protest, but I'm too much of an Underworld junkie. I went to the Shrine Hardfest a couple of Halloweens ago and it was pretty fun. But I was at the riot police show at the Forum and if not for Underworld, I would never return to another Richards event.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:34 PM
cured
sikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
I fully support this and wish I had the strength of will to join your protest, but I'm too much of an Underworld junkie. I went to the Shrine Hardfest a couple of Halloweens ago and it was pretty fun. But I was at the riot police show at the Forum and if not for Underworld, I would never return to another Richards event.
That's exactly my situation. Went to HARD a couple years ago, was at the Forum last year. I absolutely hate the line-up with every part of my body minus the fact that my favorite band--ever--is playing there. I'm not 25 anymore and don't have the "well maybe I'll just catch them next year" mentality. I talked about this with another huge UW fan and, despite the fact every single one of our friends either said "f*ck no" or "never again" we are going to go...then bolt as soon as UW is done.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Jon Paul
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured View Post
we are going to go...then bolt as soon as UW is done.
...If they go on.

...and yea, sorry to sound like a detractor. I'm still a junkie for all things UW. I loved the Santa Monica Civic show in '99...and chucked every penny I had to fly to London then bus out to Homelands to see their very Next show. I'm fairly confident they'll come back around to the West Coast at something outside of a crappy festival setting. Until then, I hope that they DO get onstage and I know for those Dirts in attendance, it will be spectacular.