Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 12-19-2020, 11:27 AM
Jon S
river

Rob Macfarlane collab
Hi all,
Long time lurker, first time poster. Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.
In Sept 2019 I read 'Ness' by Rob Macfarlane and tweeted him to say I could imagine a chapter from it forming a collaboration with Underworld. He replied to say "very strange you should say that, watch this space". He's mentioned as a collaborator in the Drift boxset notes, and I have the track name 'Decay chain' in my head, but unless I'm being really dim nothing has appeared yet??
Are we assuming it will be in Drift 2?
Oh, and I'm being greedy but I feel like I've had an Underworld boxset every Christmas for years. This Christmas just isn't going to be the same!
Cheers
Jon
Old 12-19-2020, 11:56 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Rob Macfarlane collab
Very interesting. I haven't read the liner notes in detail, so I missed that part of it. As far as I'm aware, however, nothing with Rob Macfarlane has been released yet, though collaborations with everyone else listed in that paragraph were.

So, yeah, something as-yet unreleased, and probably a prime candidate for Series 2.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:20 PM
Jon S
river

Still no sign of this then?
Old 03-16-2024, 08:47 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Unfortunately, it seems like Drift Series 2 was quite possibly derailed by Covid. Without the structure of a Drift-like series, a collaboration like this might not be suitable for inclusion in what appears to be a more traditional album release cycle this year.

I did go searching through his Twitter, and found what is, frankly, a description of what the track is about:

Robin Turner is a press officer, longtime friend of UW, and prime participant of the Drift Series (he's all over the liner notes), so the conversation above on Twitter is a big inside joke between them.

Also, I see you've been prodding directly:

Frankly, with Robin and Robert, you've got a more direct line on the information than anything we know.