Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 01-01-2023, 07:42 AM
melontang
river

Eight Ball Live in Tokyo
Happy new year.
I just received a new mailing list email from the band, containing a link to a .mp3 download of Eight Ball live in Tokyo, and the following message:

Quote:
Thanks for your continued support in 2022. We will be back with new music and live shows in 2023.
R&K
Stuff to look forward to
Old 01-01-2023, 09:19 PM
iamneorev
pants

Re: Eight Ball Live in Tokyo
Nice to have 8 Ball live.
Wish we got a Live In Tokyo release.

I wouldn't mind even if Underworld put together a live retrospective like Guns N' Roses did with Live Era '87-'93. A double disc collection of live Underworld songs from throughout their career, mixed like it's a single, nonstop concert.
Old 01-02-2023, 09:20 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Fantastic track (long one of my favorites) and a fine rendition. Here's hoping for exciting new sounds from the band soon.

Yeah, iamneorev, i agree - it's been a long time since "Everything, Everything", and even "Live Here Now" was in 2008 (an excellent collection and there's been awesome fan mixes to reassemble the 14 or so concerts into "best of" versions) - it would be nice to have some official live doc of the latest period. Though since there's rarely any track mixing or improv these days (say 2010 to present), i'd bet a band-sanctioned retrospective would also be individual tracks played mostly in their studio style, plus some crowd noise/banter. But who knows!
Old 01-02-2023, 02:36 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Just FYI, this audio is the same as the video of 8 Ball released on their social media earlier, so that means it's from the first night in Tokyo.
Old 01-02-2023, 04:01 PM
iamneorev
pants

holden - one of my favorite performances is Pearl's Girl from Bennicassim Festival 2005 in Spain. It seems Karl starts his vocals on the wrong section of the song, but the way he comes in during the breakdown and Rick then has to build it back up, and how the beats hits on the next verse just gives it an extra energy. A beautiful happy accident of mistiming. Man, I miss when they jammed more.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:17 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

only had chance to listen to this for the first time yesterday.
Blown away by this. It's an absolutely stellar version of a really great song. The hairs on the back of the neck stood up half way through.
Huge appreciation to R&K for sharing this with us.